ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dash warning light not working

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
I noticed earlier, as the sun caught it, that there's a symbol of a steering wheel on the rev counter dial - turns out it's the power steering warning light. I checked, and it doesn't illuminate on the ignition like all the others, and clearly never has done if I've never noticed it! The manual suggests it should - how likely is it that this light is broken, and is it possible to fix/replace it? Don't seem to be many (I couldn't find any) threads relating to it! (I may be being thick though? :eek:).

Cheers

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can test all lights are functioning by holding down the button on the end of the stalk, (the one that changes the dash reading between MPG etc) for 5 seconds, before turning the key to point 2.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Thanks for that Rob. Did it this morning and the power steering light isn't working...what's the procedure on replacing them or whatever? Or is there likely to be some other reason for it not coming on?

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't know if I've ever seen one illuminate if I'm honest?

changing them is a fiddly bugger of a job, ask another member (with a clio) to go out and see if their's comes on when doing the test.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Hmm, interesting...I'll admit I've never seen mine illuminate, but the manual says 'goes off with engine' next to the picture of the symbol...suggests it illuminates on ignition then goes off when started up like all the other lights?

I'd appreciate anyone on here just having a quick check when they're next at their car...! :)

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Cheers Rob, very kind of you! :)

I found a picture where someone changed the colour of their clocks so did the test to light them all up, and can't see the steering light on (although it's very blurry and from a weird angle), so maybe it doesn't light up!?

Bump!

noticed mine doesn't come on either, with ignition or the special start up test

Can someone check theirs and see if it comes on during the ignition phase of startup? Just want to know if its something to add to the list to fix!

thanks, Jon