ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecotec valve’s

Clio 1.6 RXE

so, from what i read there, i get the impression that these are just like the power boost valves...that right?

i already have a power boost valve (not fitted yet mind)
so, would it be worth getting both? or is it even possible to fit both, is it one or the other?

Its nothing like a power boost valve! Power Boost valve is just a fuel pressure regulator that you can adjust to give more fuelling if youve got a lot of mods.

Do a SEARCH for "Ecotek". Youll read about what its suppose to do and about how it makes a "schluuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrppppppp" noise.

You can have mine for a couple of quid if I can ever be bothered to remove it. The RT inlet manifold is incompatible (non-symmetrical, so uneven dispersion of effect) and the garage said it was causing it to idle poorly... So if I can be bothered to buy the piece to join the pipe back up it Ill let you know... It hasnt happened within the last year though! lol!

On whether they work or not... My opinion (As a Auto D&T Undergrad) is that they give a very slight improvement in *some* applications, but youd be best spending the cash on an IK etc.

Andi

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

an ecotek valve creates a controlled air leak into the inlet manifold.cant see it improving a new car and ive mostly heard bad reports anyway.

Mk2 172

I seem to be one of the few people that like them.

I had one on my 8v1.4rt, and I have one on my 172mk2. I can feel the slower response when the valve is turned off/not fitted. MPG is 3 or 4 better with the valve on. The SHLURP noise will die down after a couple of hundred miles (it only happens when the engine is Running Down AKA overrun).

Dont fit the PiperX filter you can get for them as it acts like an amplifier.

Since the Power boost valve makes the mixture petrol rich, and the Ecotek leans it out, I wouldnt advise having both.

It needs re-tuning every 100-200 miles for the first 1000, but after that it will only need fiddling with when the engine is changed, like fitting an IK or something.