ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ebiach springs

arctic 182 ff
hi all,am i in the wrong ? i oredered some ebiach lowering springs for my 172 cup i was told it would lower the rear 15-20mm and the front 25-30mm on the front,i thought that made sense as the rear does look lower than the front standard,i was told these were the best springs on the market ect ect,cut a long story short i fitted them and it turned it into a dragster,back end was raised and the front was lowered it looked stupid! so put the original springs back on(a morning wasted),the company collected the springs back and have sent them off to be tested,so i now have to wait for there results (which could be weeks)untill they decide wether to give me a refund.its a good job i didnt have to pay to get the springs fitted then removed or i would have been well out of pocket.should i wait for them to get back to me or get in touch and demand my money back?? what you think ?:(

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
how long did you give them to bed in? as they will initially be high after just fitting them

/carl

BMW M3
Are these sportlines. My rear is higher that the front but it didnt raise the rear from standard height. That would be a bit odd.

arctic 182 ff
i didnt leave them on long,as it was sitting about an inch higher than standard on the rear,i know you have to let springs bed in as ive lowered loads of cars in the past but i dont think this would have made much difference to these.

arctic 182 ff
yea they are sportlines,ive had ebiach in the past and had no bother with them,just this time the car looked really silly

M2 Competition
Maybe you fitted them wrong?

For some reason though the cups look odd on sportlines, as the rear of the car is so light.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
I've never heard of "ebiach" springs...

I have heard of "Eibach' springs though....:rasp:

arctic 182 ff
im sure i fitted them right ,pretty hard not too,maybe that could be it with the car been lighter than other models.any ideas what i could go for to give me an even drop ?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Are you sure you had standard suspension to start with? Clio's as standard generally sit higher at the back as they're much lighter there, and the sportlines pretty consistently lower the car quite evenly, going from reports on here anyway.

BMW M3
My clio handles great on sportlines now compared to over standard. Although it was a non cup so non sure what diff that is.

182 has now gone!
I have prolines on my 182 and it has improved the handling so much, and it does look lower, prob due to the weight.
Ollie has Sportlines on his cup, not sure how much it lowered it by. But the cup being lighter I dont think it lowers it alot..

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Didn't really lower the back of mine at all, but the front drops enough for it to look better.

If you want lowering rather than handling then you really need to buy some other springs.......Eibachs are really more of a handling improvement than anything else.
Depends what your priorities are.

Mine is now pin sharp handling wise.....worth waaaay more than having it looking "slammed"

titanic killer
when looking through your arch at the springs sat on the mounts on the fronts should two coils be touching?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
im not shocked, philmots says they do this and hes f**king right!!!!!

i had mine on and they lower it about 5mm and i think the handling is shite, rough roads leave me wishing i haddnt bothered.