ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EBC Yellow stuff pads - worth it?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Fast road or trackday? For fast road yellow stuff ain't that bad tbf. Trackdays, no thanks! I had mine fade on me at the 'Ring and it was not a nice situation to be in.

Pagid or Brembo O/E pads are good enough for the road, to be fair. Trackdays, no. With pads you can also look at 306 GTi-6 shape pads as they are usually cheaper and the pad area is slightly bigger. Ebc yellowstuff does seem to makes some sence when you go for them in that shape as they are only around £70. I have run through two sets of them now - my car is a daily driver and does the occasional trackday. I like their feel.

My own experience with Mintex is quite negative (but limited, ito be fair) but I have convinced a trophy owner mate to try the ebc's on our last cadwell day and he agreed they were a decent alternative to his previous DS2500 (which use the same pad shape as the GTi-6 spec ebc's) - not better/worse, but nearly half the price.

Not sure what discs I have but I have the standard Pagid pads from ECP and in day to day use it is great, as well as with some spirited driving.

Compared to the crap that were fitted when I got the car they are a revelation.
I had Pagid on my previous BMW as well, and they were great on that also.

Personally I am not a huge fan of EBC pads, but each to their own.
I have had good results with Ferodo, Mintex and OMP as well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I've used my current set up twice this year at Oulton and they have been great. Hopefully trying some mintex 1155 for my next day on the 20th. You mention omp?

I had OMP pads on my Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo. A car which is known for brake squeal. The OMP pads were silent where just about everything else I tried wasn't, and they stopped the car very well too.