ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebc Greenstuff pads & Views on Brembo Max Discs

I have heard that the Ebc Green Stuf Brake Pads are some kind of low dust formula.

Can anyone vouch for this ?

And has anyone got veiws on Brembo Max Discs ?

Chocolate Bar™
brembo max look better than standard but i wouldnt buy them for the performance gain over standard/brembo high carbons.

ive got the same kit as you, but its still sat in the garage. picked it as i wanted to slightly upgrade from standard but no need for harsh pads as its only a road car at present.

I havn't found a better performing combo than what I have now, which is Brembo max discs and Mintex 1144 fast road/race pads. Greenstuff are good for low dust, but s**t if you after a non-brake fade pad. That's my opinion anyway.

bodied 172 Ph1
To be honest, I have greenstuff pads on my 172 at the mo and they're not all that great! It stops slower than my old Audi A4 estate! They fade pretty quickly!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got brembo max and green stuff on the 172 the now with standard rear setup. stops well, and brilliant from cold. just fitted it last week and due to 2 dodgy rear dampers that im waiting for new ones to arrive to replace ive not pushed it hard, but i had the same combo on my old 1.2 16v and that was awesome, faded to quick for track use to be honest but for hard/fast road use they were amazing! especially due to the fact they still dont kick out much dust lol

182 & Mk1 Valver
EBC actually say that for a 172/182 you should use 'redstuff' as 'greenstuff' is abit too pushed to the limit.

I use ebc sport discs and redstuff pads. seems to work well, but thats only compared to the standerd setup. Not tried anything else yet.

EBC actually say that for a 172/182 you should use 'redstuff' as 'greenstuff' is abit too pushed to the limit.

I use ebc sport discs and redstuff pads. seems to work well, but thats only compared to the standerd setup. Not tried anything else yet.
Do they really...still wouldn't use them again! I think after using the set-up I got at the moment it's what I'm gonna be using in the future.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Reds shred discs tough, too harsh for just a road car imho.

I've been using Greenstuff's and Brembo Max discs, along with braided lines, for a while now and they've been an excellent combo, would recommend them.

Only went for Max discs over HC as they were only about 5-10 more and look cooler :p

Last edited:
  Mk2 172
I havn't found a better performing combo than what I have now, which is Brembo max discs and Mintex 1144 fast road/race pads. Greenstuff are good for low dust, but s**t if you after a non-brake fade pad. That's my opinion anyway.

Couldnt agree more. I cant stand green stuff pads. There almost no better than standard. a few big stops on them and its goodnight pad and hello nice brake fade!!!!!

Mk2 172
I have heard that the Ebc Green Stuf Brake Pads are some kind of low dust formula.

Can anyone vouch for this ?

And has anyone got veiws on Brembo Max Discs ?

The main reason for having the max groove discs has nothing to do with the looks or material but its the fact that the grooves will clean up the pads and will get rid of any glaze on the pad that is caused by them getting too hot. well worth it imo :)

RB 182
i've had green stuff on my 19 16v and wasnt impressed. faded too quickly. have got brembo max discs on my 182 now with braided hoses and 5.1 fluid. currently have red-stuff on which arent too bad, no squealing and fade free so far. have still got carbon lorraines for track days though as these were awesome but brake dust was starting to wreck my wheels.

A bit of mixed opinions there :(

I think there a lot better than what i had before which was the standrd setup.

But hey once they wear out i'll try Mintex Pads. :)

But i guess its all down to personal choice.

P.s i was looking at Red Stuff pads, but i'm sure i read somewhere there for track only and need a fair bit of heat into them for using as pads for for day to day use :S

A bit of mixed opinions there :(

I think there a lot better than what i had before which was the standrd setup.

But hey once they wear out i'll try Mintex Pads. :)

But i guess its all down to personal choice
I'm sure that GDI put mintex pads on all the track cars they do work for,

PH1 172 Sport
Ive got greenstuff and Brembo Max on mine think there a good combo the biggest improvement came from dot 5.1 fluid and braided lines though.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yellowstuffs are supposed to be pretty good too, not as harsh as the Reds but just as good plus have very good bite from cold.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i have braided hoses green stuff and max discs and they are a step up from standard not amazingly better but better

RS Clio 182
My boss tracks an Ibiza all the time and he really rates the Yellowstuff over more expensive pads from a value for money standpoint. He says they feel a little 'wooden' but have great bite from cold, don't fade and last nearly as long as 2500's.

Im coming up to time to fix my standard brake set up as the front discs and pads are fairly well worn now so will be going for the Brembo's and a little uncertain on which pads as yet. The car is used for little 5 mile trips probably more than it should and although I'll be tracking it rarely its mostly used for fast road so I need that bite from cold but unsure which way to go.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Green Stuff aren't actually an upgrade btw, they only give you less dust. I you want to stop quicker get a better pad such as these, also disc wise for the price you might as well just get a set of Brembo HC's as they are only £45 delivered from the Brembo shop!! Total bargin there, K-tec sell exactly the same discs for £70 plus postage.

PH1 172 Sport
TBH i've got the mintex 1144 pads and i'm finding them allot worse than the yellow stuffs I had before. They seem to fade quite quickly and there biting point is really inconsistent depending largely on how hot the brakes are.