ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EBC Green Stuff Pads have fallen apart........

After changing the ball joints on my 1*2 i decided to change my pads, discs and clean/grease the sliders while i had the wheels off.

I had EBC Green Stuffs fitted previously as i got a good deal on them, they were fitted about 12k miles ago and upon removing them today i found them in this state.
No wander my braking bite wasn't as good as it was a few days go.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

Passenger Side

IMG_0465.jpg

Drivers Side

IMG_0464.jpg

Needless to say i'll be stayingaway from EBC from no on.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine looked similar to that but not broken off.....Have seen pics like yours before though.....I thought they were really low as they felt like they were grinding.....Swappped to Pagid Blues and braking is vastly improved if not a little overkill for my style of driving.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its been said before by a few on here (Me included!) that EBC are utter guff. But still people defend them saying they are perfectly useable.

They aren't! lol.

Ph1 track slag
my red stuffs on my pulsar did this, the lesson here is stay away from any brake pads with the name 'stuff'.....shite!

Its been said before by a few on here (Me included!) that EBC are utter guff. But still people defend them saying they are perfectly useable.

They aren't! lol.

They are indeed guff...
I put the pics up hoping it'd make people think twice before they buy EBC pads.

Brembo Max and Ferodo's now, so heres hoping there better :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I actually had a more serious incident due to green stuff pads... Material broke from backing plate which had also broke in two prices... Long time ago now tho

DSC00152.jpg

I actually had a more serious incident due to green stuff pads... Material broke from backing plate which had also broke in two prices... Long time ago now tho

DSC00152.jpg

Ouch !!!!

I'd have written a nice letter to EBC HQ and see what they had to say.
Altohugh they'd probably say that they were inproperly fitted.

Lol

What did yu have done to the pug ?

Apart form Intercooler, guessing it was a diesel unless you threw mega bucks at it.

Lionel Richie
not IMO, myself and warren (the bear that is brown) aren't heavy in anyway shape or form on the brakes, that' what the gearbox is for!

s**t pads, i've never liked them!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Ha! I got £1100 in damages, my insurance sorted the claim with them, legal protection cover is worth it sometimes!!

Yeah was a HDI had hybrid turbo, lars lybker injectors and shed loads of other stuff done, was quick for a derv!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I've always liked EBC to be fair, used yellow's on my vee and my old cooper S... the people that work there are tossers though.

Ha! I got £1100 in damages, my insurance sorted the claim with them, legal protection cover is worth it sometimes!!

Yeah was a HDI had hybrid turbo, lars lybker injectors and shed loads of other stuff done, was quick for a derv!

That was a bit of a boost that you took out legal protection.

What did that increase power etc too ?

I've always liked EBC to be fair, used yellow's on my vee and my old cooper S... the people that work there are tossers though.

It seems EBC are a hit and a miss, although i won't be fitting another set again.

PH1 172 Sport
I had greenstuff pads and they weren't the best but the yellowstuff pads i've got now have been top notch (apart from munching there way through disks)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
My CLs held together well on several track outings. But a set of Pagid Blues I ran looked like the s*ite-stuff pictures in the OP.

Edit: here they are, not quite as bad...but not good...

100_2967.jpg

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
On my 2nd set of Redstuff pads now - approx 74k mileage. I'd certainly have them again - for general driving, they are more than up to the job. I do have EBC discs all-round too - whether or not that makes any difference in their longevity or not, I don't know.

My Reno OEM ones fell apart like two wafers not long after the 24k service - lol!

D.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
CL's do the same after 1 trackday

We only know of one set of pads from CL Brakes that this has 'allegedly' happened to and the customer would not return it to us so we could get it tested or replace it - make of that what you will. We and our supplier sell shed loads of these to road users and people who race with them have not seen any other issues...

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
hadn't seen that thread of yours. I'd be very interested to hear what the issue was with them. Hopefully it will be resolved shortly.. which compound was that you used and when did you get them?

Clio 182ff
bugger me what a load of sh*te! From an Engineering point of view that is just shoddy design and incompetent. EBC's life testing must be all over place; anyone know the material/s they use?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
bugger me what a load of sh*te! From an Engineering point of view that is just shoddy design and incompetent. EBC's life testing must be all over place; anyone know the material/s they use?

Cheese and spit iirc.