ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ebay Scam!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont wana say too much or give the link.

but this is too good to be true!!

the item hasnt been up long and is extremely cheap.

The chap, says his son died in n accident and wants to give it away.

Item location = Uk but wants paying in dollars for postal and insurance.

am i just been naive in my excitment, or could this be genuine.

He does have reasons.

Im not normally naive and can spot a scam a mile off, but i think this really could be genuine, In what why could i investiage?? Ive sent im a question saying, that i will collect any where in the uk today, with cash in my hand. Would there be any use in contacteing ebay?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
CDMullins said:
Dont wana say too much or give the link.

but this is too good to be true!!

the item hasnt been up long and is extremely cheap.

The chap, says his son died in n accident and wants to give it away.

Item location = Uk but wants paying in dollars for postal and insurance.

am i just been naive in my excitment, or could this be genuine.

He does have reasons.

Im not normally naive and can spot a scam a mile off, but i think this really could be genuine, In what why could i investiage?? Ive sent im a question saying, that i will collect any where in the uk today, with cash in my hand. Would there be any use in contacteing ebay?

Well if ya don't tell us what it is etc .....how can we comment ??

Could be anythin' !

MrBillyUK !

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and he did have a "break" in his ebay activity around Dec/Jan (as you would if something like that had happened!).
Only thing is though, the car has the US plates on it, so those pics obviously aren't ones he's just taken.........

Reckon it is a scam though, but maybe they've hijacked someone elses account as they often do these days

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what i was thinking, the car looks like its at a show!

Seriosuly im driving to meet him if it genuine!!

Beg,borrow or steal to get the money!

If he does have the car, he is stinking rich to own that anyway, so giving it away wouldnt be unusual! I would want the money from my dead sons pride and joy and i would wana see the car everyday!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ShaunR16v said:
Just searched for "son died" in titles + Descriptions, then looked under cars....... ;)

Durrrrr!

R well, i tried!!!

This car best not have a cliosport sticker on next week, i wont be impressed!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CDMullins said:
If he does have the car, he is stinking rich to own that anyway, so giving it away wouldnt be unusual! I would want the money from my dead sons pride and joy and i would wana see the car everyday!

Judging by what he's bought lately, i'd hardly say he's rolling in it! I mean, a second hand game boy? How much are they new these days!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cat171 said:
tbh i reckon its a scam.
if its genuine then bad news about his son, but the car looks crap !

Not the best looking car but id still love it!!!

Jus thinking know didnt they smash this car up in the chase at end??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ShaunR16v said:
Judging by what he's bought lately, i'd hardly say he's rolling in it! I mean, a second hand dame boy? How much are they new these days!

Jesus man, u a cop???

some right detective work there!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CDMullins said:
Not the best looking car but id still love it!!!

Jus thinking know didnt they smash this car up in the chase at end??

Nope, course they didnt smash it up, they was in the american Muscle cars at the end!!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they might well have smashed it up, but then I think they had upto 4 cars the same in some instances, just for back ups etc, so if it was smashed up, it would've been one of the look alikes, not the main one with the better detailing/interior mods etc

It probably is a scam........ but think how gutted you'd be if you ignored it and then it was genuine

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  6/468 17poo
Yeah i agree with cat171, car looks pants mate!!!shame they didnt blow it up in the film....or just write off the whole film all together!!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beatjunkie said:
Yeah i agree with cat171, car looks pants mate!!!shame they didnt blow it up in the film....or just write off the whole film all together!!!

I'd still luv it for 2K!!

Cant wait to see his reply!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Shhh
Hi-Jacked account.

Car is in the us, or even japan. Cant work it out where its from by the reg plate tho it is not in the uk. $2900 for shipping, i think not, so he is giving it away for free.

Id email saying that you shal fly over and collect the car. You shall ship it yourself. Report it as a hi-jacked account.

Too good to be true....Usually is...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 16v
yup agreed, looks like a hijaked acocunt. i like the bit at the end, pay using paypal, buying assurances!! lol.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've reported it as scam.

Everyone fail to notice the buy it now button is not actually connected to the auction of the item? It would appear at the top of the page under the current bid.

Also.

- Seller goes from buying gameboys and low value items to selling a car?
- Car is worth bloody thousands if its genuine? Do you really think you were going to get it for $2,900...
- Buy it now price, as I stated above, not linked to the sale of the car
- Buy it now is in dollars when auction in GBP
- Buy it now is in dollars even when car is in UK
- Ship a car worldwide for £15?
- No other payment available except Paypal or Escrow
- Also Paypal site is fake
* No secure padlock connection
* Images and text all over the place
* Look at the URL

SCAM.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yes very gullible. I have written a guide on how to report fraudulent listings in the Technology section and in here, the eBay section.

Perhaps we should rename you CDMuggins? :D

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
you click buy it now, it takes you to a fake paypal site, you type in your log in details, the fake site emails them to the guy, he goes onto paypal site and transfers money for fun :)

SCAM!!