ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ebay discs???

172 ph1
been looking on ebay at the disc packs they do for cheap u get the 4 discs and 2 bearings...they are the groved and drilled ones just wonderin if they will be ok as they arent exactly ebc or anything?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Buying Cheap brakes FTL. This is the one place you want to buy the best or the best you can afford.

TrackCar & F30 330d
My friend bought some cheap discs and the groves has dissipeared after one little sesh around silverstone. He was using carbone lorraine pads but when he had brembo max discs they lasted about 5 trackdays.

Basically dont buy cheap brakes.

172 ph1
what about standard discs...good pads or other way round? just they all need doin n havet got the money

Mk5 golf gti
they are fine for general use
i wouldnt advise them for fast road use
but to do a job there fine

RB 182 cup
i got a set for the front just to give em a go and to be fair they are not bad at all. running ds2500 with them and were fine at cadwell and they got some propper hammering

172 ph1
thats what a thought mark its just after talking to the lad who has been doing the work on the car he used them on a vts he had and said they were abit s**t and seemed to not work at all really unless really warmed which is no good for me!

megane 225
i bought a set of cheap rear discs with the bearings pressed in. Car failed MOT on BOTH rear bearings, took the wheels off and the nut provided with the discs had stripped the thread on the stub axle.
Ohh and the back of the bearing collapsed and half the bearing was left on the stub axle when we removed the disc.
I, from now on will only go for genuine REAR discs/bearings as I have no issues with these (apart from the price)