ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easter Pre Show Season Detail (56K warning)

106 GTi
Applied by hand with a Cleakote Microfiber Applicator.

Have found with sealants they soak into the very soft finishing pad meaning you end up wasting lots of product. It does allow you to get a very thin coat though if you do so.

J

Jim NM

I bet you spent a few man hours doing it. I thought it was chrome at first glance! All credit to you matey, I bet you would be in pieces if it rained !!! It's in good nick for a A reg (LOL only joking!!:) ) You can clean my cooker anytime :)

Got to be the cleanest Clio on the planet Top darts mate!!!

106 GTi
Took a little while!

Was handily parked to back straight into the garage if the heavan's pened as they did on Friday.

As for cookers not my forte I will stick to cars ;)

im getting mine PC'd on Wednesday :D

it'll never look that good though :( Rich, when you sell up, put my name down as first dibs ;)

106 GTi
Silver comes up really nice by PC, what products are they going to use on yours?

Your names at the top of the list :)

Ive no idea mate, Ady's doing it for me... he's just spent loads on Megs and Poorboys stuff i think :)

Its getting the full works.

what works best, i'll see if he's got it.

That aint that shiny ;)

BlingDaysmall.jpg

106 GTi
Masking - Depending on the products being used to be honest Guy.

If it is unplastic friendly all black or clear plastics, and rubbers.

Main ones to be carefull of are the rear bumper insert, mirror surrounds and backing plate, washer jets (lights and screen). Normally do window rubbers, aerial base, headlamps and tail lamps, pop the rear plate light out and remove.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
mint Rich - looks immense. BG looks great went spotless.

nice to see the arch liners looking sharp

106 GTi
R20 CWH said:
nice to see the arch liners looking sharp

Could do with the wheels coming off to be honest, only car I have owned that I have not removed to clean under there yet!

Black bits piss me off, i was seriously tempted to take off my mirrors, bumper grills, foglamp covers etc and just mask up what was left last time i PC'd the car. I hate masking things up it bores the s**t out of me.

106 GTi
It would make life easier, get Butter round ... rumour says he loves going crazy with some tape.

MK2 Clio V6 255
Loony you dont wanna come round and mask all my plastic up for me???

This PC malarky aint as quick as peeps initially think.

Then again im new to it and taking my time.

Dennis

MK2 Clio V6 255
Mines certainly got its fair share of swirls, Ask Brazo and Loony.

Brazo gave me a good couple of hours tuiton with the PC was great to be taught by an expert.

Took me like an hour to do half my bonnet tho.:dapprove:

They do say all good things come to those who wait, its just gonna take time I suppose.

DennisV6 said:
Loony you dont wanna come round and mask all my plastic up for me???

This PC malarky aint as quick as peeps initially think.

Then again im new to it and taking my time.

Dennis

Haha, dream on ;) I'm helpful but not that helpful.

You'll get it sussed in the end fella, sure the tutoring from Brazo will have answered alot of the questions you had :)

Couple of panels each wash if you cant face the whole lot in one go, must say the shape of the panels on the Vee makes it more of a pain in the ass than my car.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
linky dont work :(

So its ok to dry your car with a towel? I was always told only use a chamois or a blade for drying/

106 GTi
Microfiber Waffle Weave drying towels are much safer/better than both the above, both can cause damage as they allow stuff to get traped between them.

Site is down from the link, sure it will be back up soon.