ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easter Pre Show Season Detail (56K warning)

106 GTi
Took the Easter break as the chance to start to get the 182 ready for the up coming shows.

First time I have used any real cut to the paint since I brought it, but thought it was time to remove the swirls. Went a bit mad with the Glazes later on as it's my own car and wanted to get it looking as good as possible and had the time.

Swirl Removal - Poorboys SSR 2.5, Light Cut Pad by PC.
Polish - Meguiars Speed Glaze 80, Polishing Pad by PC
Final Polish/Glaze - Cleakote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze - Polishing Pad by PC
Glaze - Clearkote Red Machine Glaze - Finisihing Pad By PC.
Glaze 2 - Clearkote Yellow Moose Wax - By Hand
Sealant - Wolfgange Deep Gloss Sealant.

Car is looking the best it ever has, taken a few hours and not quite finished yet, will add another layer or two of sealant (one in the morning hopefully)and top with wax after the next wash.

The first aggressive polish has cleaned up the paint really well hoping this is all it will need this year.

Some Pics

IMG_8714.jpg

IMG_8715.jpg

Swirl Free and some Ugly git!

IMG_8725.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

Monaco Blue Mk2
Well that looks like a mirror! lol

Great work Rich, you're awesome at cleaning!

I'm gonna drive down to where ever it is you live (miles away from me!) and let you clean mine one day! lol

106 GTi
Cheers :)

The mirror look is the plan, hopefully it will look beteter still with another few sealant layers and a topped with a good quality wax.

Bring it down! Based in Gloucestershire b.t.w incase you are local.

No more clio's for me!
Looks great rich, the reflection off the black gold paint is wicked, almost looks like chrome is this pic of the side stripe

IMG_8773.jpg

I spent some time doing mine yesterday not in your league tho...lol.

It will look even better in the sun today :)

106 GTi
Cheers Dan. Paint does some odd stuff.

Saw your thread about the reving problem, glad you got that sorted.

Hope so - Sun is out now, when I get out of bed I will try and get some in the sun pics.

No more clio's for me!
Rich said:
Saw your thread about the reving problem, glad you got that sorted.

quote]

Yeah, that was really worrying for a while, i absolutley cacked myself! Gonna check it again this morning and clean all the elecy connections with some WD40.

106 GTi
Did you get much water under there? Same thing happened to Ali's the other day when he washing it.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
That has to be one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!

'kin hell Rich - you are the master :)

No more clio's for me!
Rich said:
Did you get much water under there? Same thing happened to Ali's the other day when he washing it.

I think it must of compounded the problem, the connector causing the problem was completely convered in grime and oil, i think the water i rinsed the bonnet with just brought the problem out.

Mazda MX5 1.8
looks great but id be scared to drive it after putting all that work into getting it looking like that! lol

i NEED a garage!!

106 GTi
Cheers lads - You won't regret it Guy. I put it off for years now kick myself, as soon as I brought the Black 182 it was a must.

Focus ST
I'm not very impressed. it looks like you could have tried harder.

It should be shiner than that. :mad:

Only messin, lookin sweet. You can't beat a black car when its clean.
You've inspired me to clean mine. :cool:

RB 182
Rich those photoshops are coming good now! :rasp:

I did mine yesterday and it took ages and that was just a few layers. I think that just shows how much quicker the PC is.

As always top class!:D

106 GTi
Do they look real yet Ben ? ;)

I would not have liked to do all those steps by hand.

I did the last coat of glaze by hand as a way of inspecting the paint as I went and the sealnt coat by hand and that was enough. All products where removed by hand though. For actual polishing the machine helps no end.

106 GTi
I brought a spare one for around 90 from a mate work works at the dealer, think the retail is 100 odd plus vat.