ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

East Mids Cycling Club.

Lets see if this gets more interest than the football thread!

MickPM and I have started road cycling and I know Harpham is picking a bike up this weekend.

Does anyone else fancy going on some regular road rides?

The three of us are still getting into it, we're no lycra clad, leg shaved warriors so the pace won't be too quick and for now I don't think the distance will go much more than 20 miles.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Speak for yourself - I hit the Veet hard this morning and I'm all streamlined and smooth now.

Seriously though, it's not a 12mph jaunt but it's not a 30mph endurance race either and it would be good to get some others out during the week.

Mick

As said, ill be up for this mate, as long as we stick to roads ;).

Can't wait to get back onto a bike.

Out of interest, how long does 20 miles take to do on average?

Depends how quick you can pedal :p

I'd expect you to be a bit quicker than us but for now anywhere from 75 to 90 mins, I'm aiming to get closer to 60. I seem to be averaging about 17mph at the moment.

70mins still isn't bad though, really. I'm going to be using mine to cycle to work etc, which is only about 4-5 miles, so with that in mind, I should be able to smash that in <30mins easily, which is wicked.

340i
I've got a full blown MTB, trail bike which isn't great on the roads.. But I am well up for this, even though I'll be lagging behind!! ;)

I'll dig out my lycra this weekend and have a veet bath x

I could be up for this depending on where and when? Got into road cycling a fair bit at uni and its always a good crack going out with a group of you. Not to mention how it helps with the slipstreaming :cool:

I could be up for this depending on where and when? Got into road cycling a fair bit at uni and its always a good crack going out with a group of you. Not to mention how it helps with the slipstreaming :cool:

Probably be somewhere close to Long Eaton to begin with. I've got a few routes with a few hills in. If you have any routes share and we'll try and have rides in different places. The routes around East Leake seem to be popular.

340i
Probably be somewhere close to Long Eaton to begin with. I've got a few routes with a few hills in. If you have any routes share and we'll try and have rides in different places. The routes around East Leake seem to be popular.

I'm out.

Being in Loughborough we normally stay around there or North Leicestershire, but East Leake sounds good, plenty of hills that way off towards Notts

I work in East Leake so give me a shout if you want to go for a ride :)

Gray honey at the mo Mick and I still have our MTB's (think Mick is going to sell his though) so we can sort out some less hilly rides if you want?

So we have 'lose weight, feel great' and now 'pain is weakness leaving your body'?

Just went out on the MTB after riding a road bike for a couple of weeks and it felt really odd to begin with. Hopefully get out on the road bike tomorrow for a couple of hours.

I need some breakfast advice.

When I cycle to work I'm normally hungry when I get here, whether I eat breakfast before I leave or not.

I don't normally have a lot of time in the morning so could be eating anything from 10-30 minutes before I leave. Is this too soon? Can anyone recommend food that means I won't need to eat again when I get to work.

You should technically eat about 1-2 hours before exercise. Not sure on exact meals, but it's probably right that you do feel hungry afterwards, as you'll be using the carbs that you've just taken in for energy.

Eat a banana or post workout shake?!

FFS. The more I think about that, the more I want to do it. Teams are supposedly in 6s.

Me, Dave... Who else is up for it? Gray??

340i
Could I tie a piece of rope to my bike attached to Paul and Daves bikes, then you could pull me along likes Huksy dogs? :)

Plan.

Will a couple of trays suffice from our pre-race snack at McDonalds?

And yes Dave, i'm a wimp. Ill be back out on it tomorrow. (In otter news, that computer turned out to be a right ballache to fit, albeit it was me that was making it more difficult than what it should have been lol)

I'm already doing this Manchester cycle whether you lot join me or not. I'll just load up some Bieber on the ipod, be reet.

Mick and someone at work said I'd be alot quicker on SPDs. I've gone from MTB on slicks and flat pedals to Roadie with SPDs and I'm only about 2mph faster on my commute. 15mph ftl.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's an average... Daves bike is straight outta the 80's but it was a good one. It's his transmission that lets him down now.

Saying that's we had a sprint the other day and both saw 33mph so it can't be that bad.

340i
Paul is the one in yellow throwing a girly kick.

Dave, in red has got full rage on and gone for a chest shot.

I am chilling out at the back laughing at them

(obviously.)