ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

East Midlands - Rolling road day - 16th of November

Hello,

I spoke to a few people at the last meet about this. The rolling road I have selected is one based in Ripley, Derbyshire. The company is called Dynotech and this is currently where Scorpion Exhausts send their cars to be tested. It is a DynoDynamics 2/4WD drive roller.

These events are only held on a Saturday and start roughly at 9:30AM. The cost is £35 per car which includes printed graphs in a binder, hot/cold drinks and biscuits. However if we get over 14 cars then the price drops to £30 instead. Pat 182 went to here recently (I think) so hopefully he can drop in to tell us his experience.

The event is not limited to just clios, if you want to bring your friends who have different cars feel free.

This is the information I got from Kev @ Dynotech
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your email re a Dyno Day. The only day that these can happen is a Saturday, and we usually start around 9.30am. If you get up to 14 cars, then the price is £35 per car, if you get 15 or more then this drops to £30 per car. This is a cash price, and cards cannot be used. If you are the organiser, it is very important for you to get deposits from everyone - as we know from experience that people say they are coming, and then for one reason or another, they change their mind - this is not good for you or us, as we have to arrange to get our guys in for the day.

We provide hot and cold drinks and biscuits etc.

You get printed graphs in a binder.

Please get in touch if you need any further info.
Cheers
Kevin

I have not decided on a date yet as I thought it would be better to see who registers interest. So if you want to come please write your name in the list below and state if you have any friends coming and what Saturdays are best for you. This will not be happening tomorrow, or Saturday the 19th as it is too short notice. Potential dates are 26th (October), 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd.

1. ThomasBrentnall - Any Saturday

Re: East Midlands - Rolling road day - Date TBC

Yes, according to their website!

[h=3]Rolling Road Tuning on Dyno Dynamics 4 wheel drive/2wheel drive dyno.[/h]

We use the industries standard Chassis 4 Wheel drive dyno that has outstanding accuracy coupled with really superb steady state performance, and featuring sophisticated data acquisition electronics, with this we can check all aspects of your engine tune i.e. detect small misfires, incorrect air fuel ratios etc.

I am interested :D

My Clio should be finished by then - might be boosted by the next monthly meet tbh

I can't wait too see this! Infact I want to come for a passenger ride :D So are you good for any of the Saturdays mentioned?

In 4 biscuits.

Seriously - I'm in. Will have the new car by then

Good, any of the Saturdays? What car will you be getting?

I might just pop along, but I doubt ill put the clio on the rollers.

Okay, will be nice to see your car as I've never seen it, and it seems to get so much praise on the forum!

banther

ClioSport Club Member

Any of the Saturdays are fine mate.

Well hopefully a phase 1 if not I'll come in the BM for s***s and giggles.

evo 6rs/clio 172

Count me in Thomas any sat apart from nov 2nd as away in barcelona
thanks

Get it on you FAG!!!
1. Will it even get on a roller with how low it is?
2. I don't really want to know how much bop it doesn't have. I'll wait until I've actually added some engine mods. 

i think the 2nd or 16th is currently best for me, as I'll be working the other weeks.

Inferno 225 cup

1. Will it even get on a roller with how low it is?
2. I don't really want to know how much bop it doesn't have. I'll wait until I've actually added some engine mods. 

i think the 2nd or 16th is currently best for me, as I'll be working the other weeks.

You will be surprised mate, you'll know how healthy your engine is? Don't worry it won't go bang.

Should do, depending in location of the rollers.

Nissan 350z

An RR that offers refreshments... Sold! I'll run but it depends on the date we go for.

Nissan 350z

Sargara can you do the 16th.

Also forgot to mention it's 3/4 runs depending on the results. Ie if you have a random result they will run you again

Fine by me mate, due to the amount of notice that shouldn't be an issue.

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182

Morning Tom,

16th nov for me please

Its a very good setup they have at DYNOTECH and should be good day ;)

Cheers Pat

LY FF182
I think I can come to this! Ran mine at dynodaze in Hinkley so be good to get a comparison!

I think I can come to this! Ran mine at dynodaze in Hinkley so be good to get a comparison!

I can remember, I watched yours when it was on the rollers! I was in my black 1.2!

Ok, I am going to speak to them tomorrow and get stuff set in stone so please can we get a list together of who can come (only if you're having your car on the dyno)!

Thanks!

1. ThomasBrentnall

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm in if I can turn up at about 1.30-2pm? As working until 1.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cool.
Yeah will bring it along for the ride, collecting tomorrow!

So this is the list of everyone that will be attending (some won't be running iirc)

1.)Me
2.)Edges
3.)Ian_s
4.)JoePeps
5.)Pat 182
6.)Gray
7.)Harpham
8.)NickMelson + 2
9.)Banther
10.)Sargara
11.)George182 (with some boost hopefully)

Allan- not sure what the turnout will be and it's not limited to just clios!