ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1's GSD3 or GSD2?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How do i know which is which?

Guessing the average driver wouldn't notice any difference when driving?

172cup
GSD3 are just awful in comparison to the old.

used F1 for years and loved them to bits... got my first set of GSD3 3weeks ago, and will never be getting them again!

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Hmm I was about to purchase some gsd3's but you've kinda put me off now. Need some that are good for the wintery conditons. Got kumho's on atm and they dont seem to like the rain. Any others you'd recommend? What about rainsports?

Sorry for the hijack.

Octavia vRS tfsi
GSD3 are just awful in comparison to the old.

used F1 for years and loved them to bits... got my first set of GSD3 3weeks ago, and will never be getting them again!

Check where they are made (Germany being good, Thailand being bad) and check whether or not they have an 'E' mark.

Everyone, bar none, that complain about GSD3's being awfull are after buying the cheaper non-E marked tyres meant for the warmer Asian climate and are not suitable for use over here.

There's a thread on here about it if you do a search. Apparently Goodyear have taken places selling the Asian spec tyres to court over this.

clio/meggy
will they be E marked on the tyres? my brother has bought some and he says they are s**t! and car snakes

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Im glad theres a thread on this.

I just ordered a set from work (BMW) and they are the GSD3's. I didnt know which to get in the 2s or 3s so i did a google image search for the tread pattern as i recognised the tread i wanted and ordered the 3s.

Ill let you know how they are when i get them scrubbed in and on a dry bit of tarmac.

Whilst were on the subject, my work quoted me £54 per tyre the otherday, then today when i came to order them i was told they were £71 and this was "trade" price. Can anyone confirm whether this is true? I want £54 damn it. :D

The 3s and 2s come in different sizes - 2s in the rarer ones they couldn't be arsed to develop the 3s for (185/55/15 for example).

Sadly they're all pretty much discontinued it appears, and it seems the new assymetrics are impossible to get hold of in sizes under 17" at the moment ...

db

db detailing™
My GSD3's are mustard!! Much better than the Contisport crap that was on it!

340i
Ive just agreed to buy a set of these off a CS member..

Just asked if they have the "E" mark on then, glad i spotted this thread!

340i
As people have said, like all things they take time to bed in...

The ones i am getting are "E" marked, GSD3's and the best thing is...

Ive payed £120 for 4, theyve only covered about 400miles :D

Last edited: