ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E36 328i Sport

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Seeing as Tom and Tom have dedicated a thread to their cars, though i would give mine a proper introduction.

I have owned it for about 8 months i think. Was in a sorry state when I bought it so have replaced:

All Suspension
Front Brake Hoses
Clutch
Water Pump
Fan
Removed Rear Arch rust
Refurbed Wheels
Head Unit (Tom I have a spare Original if your interest)

Considering its on 160k and the engine is solid, I now have a pretty bulletproof car. oh and I average 32mpg. sweet.

Engine is solid putting out 197bhp on the old clutch.

Plans, Sort out Leather and respray Front, needs a few other little trim bits, would love a centre armrest!

IMG_9079.gif

IMG_9085.gif

IMG_9086.gif

IMG_9087.gif

IMG_9094.gif

Black Clio GT
proper car, absolute bargain for what they are if an m3 is to heavy on insurance...

would own one in a heart beat if i needed a daily car!!!

what colour is that??

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Awesome car for what it can do, waft down motorways, like i do on my mega comute, or good for B-Roads too.

Colours is 'Steel Blue'

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a proper nice one down the road from me, £2999 and tbh, not a lot else comes close to them in terms of value for money.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
proper car, absolute bargain for what they are if an m3 is to heavy on insurance...

would own one in a heart beat if i needed a daily car!!!

what colour is that??

Flux want me to pay £3772 a year fully comp for a E36 M3 ill look into these.

Black Clio GT
for sure mike... they sound mint with a nice exhaust and stance pretty nice with a set of coilovers even on the standard splits ...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All 6 pot BMW's need a DaveF kit on them as well. Sound superb!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Daniel, stop saying that.

I have decided not to modify this car, as I have my Saxo VTS track car for that, but everytime a go on the BMW Owners Forum i get tempted by things :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a voice in your head Saner....

''Buy a DaveF, buy a DaveF....''

Mint.

Really love the colour, just looks ridiculously tidy.

And for gods sake get some sort of induction kit on there. They make a lovely noise without all the sound cancelling baffles the std airbox has.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Mint.

Really love the colour, just looks ridiculously tidy.

And for gods sake get some sort of induction kit on there. They make a lovely noise without all the sound cancelling baffles the std airbox has.

None of you are helping! :(

£150 second hand, is it worth it for the noise? As apparently they don't boost power unless with other Mods.

172, Tiguan
Baloney! Mine had a DaveF on it during that Surrey Rolling Road day. even at 155k it was making 212bhp and the DaveF was the only mod. I'd spend £300 on one it's that full of awsomeness.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
None of you are helping! :(

£150 second hand, is it worth it for the noise? As apparently they don't boost power unless with other Mods.

Tee hee ;)

From memory, Jon got 212bhp at SRR with just a Dave F and 5 billion miles ... not sure if he had any before figures though tbf.

And yes, they are worth it for the noise alone. £150 is strong money though, the 330's ones are about £90 or so - might be a way of bodging it on using a grinder, a hammer & some duct tape though ...

Edit. Just found a 328i Dave F on bmwoner for £90: http://www.bmwowner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=205314&p=1961043&hilit=dave#p1961043 Get it bought!!

Last edited:
  172, Tiguan
Talking of which, here was mine 2 weeks ago:

328i_sport_286.JPG

328i_sport_288.JPG

328i_sport_289.JPG

Here it is now:

328i_sport_295.JPG

:(

Being fixed though I think.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
You both already have sw**ky modern ones, stop being greedy!

EDIT: Is there anything else on taht list I should be buying, like teh throttle body?

Last edited:
  172, Tiguan
Has it got a 'Triangle' steering wheel in it or an MSport wheel? That'd be the first thing I'd change!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Full MSportness, so nothing to worry about there!

Do you know if you can Retro-fit the centre Armrest?

172, Tiguan
Yes, if memory serves you need the centre console bit as well and make sure it's from a coupe.

172, Tiguan
If the Nikasil issue hasn't occured already then it unlikely it will now. I wouldn't let that put me off.

Mk5 golf gti
If the Nikasil issue hasn't occured already then it unlikely it will now. I wouldn't let that put me off.

True, but personally it would play on my mind like driving a car that hasnt had the belts done.

plus theres a lot for sale and not much difference in price so its worth avoiding for that reason.