ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique 15" alloys for track

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I picked up a set of dynamique alloys cheap and am hoping they'll be ok for track.
I measured them across and they appear to be 7" from edge to edge, so I'm guessing they're a 6.5j?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
they're 6j I believe.
This may help
_rimdiameter.gif

Dave LM

ClioSport Club Member
  PH1 172
I've previously used the dynamique 15" wheels for track without problem. I used 195 section tyres, and the local tyre fitter reckons they would have took 205's as well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
195/50/15? That's what I was looking to use.
We use T1R's in that size in the dry. Makes the car proper playful and they cost less than £25 a corner. Bargain!
(Not interested In the worlds best lap times y0)

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
We use T1R's in that size in the dry. Makes the car proper playful and they cost less than £25 a corner. Bargain!
(Not interested In the worlds best lap times y0)

I'm not going to set the world alight. Let's face it. Having the equivilent of a small child strapped to my stomach isn't going to help.
My main concern though is that the wheels are wide enough.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not going to set the world alight. Let's face it. Having the equivilent of a small child strapped to my stomach isn't going to help.
My main concern though is that the wheels are wide enough.
Small?

I was also wondering this. Any idea how light they are? We are talking about the alloys that look the same as the 172 ones just in 15"?

JP83

ClioSport Area Rep
I was also wondering this. Any idea how light they are? We are talking about the alloys that look the same as the 172 ones just in 15"?
That's the ones. I'm going to give them a try. If I become a full-on hero and find they're impacting my driving performance (flol), then I may swap them.
For now though, they'll do the job!

I was concerned these would sit even further in the arches than my normal 172 wheels. Wish I'd have got a set now instead of buying expensive 16" tyres.