ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Durability Of EGP

Shed.
Been a long time since ive used this, now i know you leave it on for an hour, but how long should it last, i intend to apply 2 layers.

How long between each coat, and how good is the durability of it ?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Didn't think it was meant to be durable? Just makes it shinny then put the wax on top to make it last.

Shed.
right o

i was after something which i could leave on without fear of it coming off anytime soon, the car im doing at the moment doesnt get washed and i figured id wash it once a month and to keep it going, apply another layer of whatever at the same time.

think ill just wax it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm no expert, but though EGP followed by collinite 476 would be exactly what you want.

Works...kind of...
Sealant (i.e. EGP) is an alternative to wax. You get better results in terms of gloss and flake-pop with light coloured cars.

Wax's are more for gloss and depth on dark colours.

It has good durability, but best to do 2 coats with a 24hr hardening period between them. I wait about an hour to buff it off.

Shed.
Sealant (i.e. EGP) is an alternative to wax. You get better results in terms of gloss and flake-pop with light coloured cars.

Wax's are more for gloss and depth on dark colours.

It has good durability, but best to do 2 coats with a 24hr hardening period between them. I wait about an hour to buff it off.

super thanks.

I may try some 476 as an added extra. im not fussed about looks, the car is silver and is neglected.

Works...kind of...
Up to you, but I'd say it's a waste of effort/time/wax.

EGP has excellent durability when applied correctly with two coats and a 24hr break between them. A good few months I'd say with regular washing (also in the correct manner, two bucket method, good shampoo, washmitt etc).

106 GTi
Gives me a good 3 months at least here. I only use it on wheels now which means they get a one coat initially and maybe an a additional layer from time to time after a wash. Should leave it 12-24 hours between layers hence why I don't bother using it much other than on wheels these days when I can do 3 coats of AJT in the time it takes me to do one coat of EGP, let alone contemplating another.