ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dunn's Black Phase 1 172

Mk5 golf gti
Ok so as some of you may know i have been on the hunt for a phase 1

i picked this up today off Brendan whos a top guy

so again after everything ive said im on another clio my 8th i think it is now

gotta love em, but always loved the phase 1 the most

:) so im pleased now

the plan is to sort all the little niggles out and enjoy it this year at some track days and hopefully nurburgring in august

it needs:

thermostat
drivers window doesnt work, faulty motor me thinks
new steering wheel (brendan gave me a boss for it)
fit the new plates (already have these)
buy and fit some hid's off paul on here
and respray some of the interior plastics

these should all be done this week so ill update then set another bunch of targets

Hope you like :)

Last edited:
  Maybe a 172 Cup..
Was this in Warrington mate. If I'd have been looking right now, would have been viewing. Was it also listed on eBay?? If same one, some of the best private sale advert pics I've seen.

Enjoy mate!!

Mk5 golf gti
Was this in Warrington mate. If I'd have been looking right now, would have been viewing. Was it also listed on eBay?? If same one, some of the best private sale advert pics I've seen.

Enjoy mate!!

yes mate thats the one

loads of receipts all organised into folders
gave me new plates a new bumper
and got him to go out this morning and tax it :)

Mk5 golf gti
Looks nice, what happened to your phase 2?

alright Kyle is it you i see sometimes down backlane middlewich to cranage?

i wrapped the phase 2 round a tree :dapprove: and then had an alfa an sold that on thursday lol

ill add you on fbook an you can see the pics

BG 182
good price i want my ph1 in black back ahh well got the ph1 in silver soon so compromise, where abouts in cheshire are you?

Mk5 golf gti
bargain price

took some bartering for the price with tax lol

madness im near wilmslow way, you goin modified live?

Mk5 golf gti
what are people thinking on the replacing phase 1 rear lights with phase 2 rear lights?

ordered silvervisions and hids with led sidelights to brighten up the front end :)

BG 182
hi matey heard about modified live last year have you been? also reccommend ph2 lights look alot smarter, no ph2 bumpers though!

Mk5 golf gti
hi matey heard about modified live last year have you been? also reccommend ph2 lights look alot smarter, no ph2 bumpers though!

yea its a good season starter and its local at oulton park

book online and its only £17

yea ph2 lights ive decided on

the bumpers will be staying as they are

few more pics after a quick detail today
will be updated shortly

Mk5 golf gti
Nice first picture ;)

...I have one the same on my camera memory card :rasp:

haha what a coincidence ;)

ok another pic of if after it has been cleaned (excuse whackberry photo quality)

and ive just been to EARS motorsport to collect these, i f**king love em :) im a TRS nut

got alot of parts coming this week, and im going to attempt the spraying of the spare bumper :)

Mk5 golf gti
I don't get the blue thing?

what dont you get?

lol the tow strap 99% wont be going on, but i love them and it looks ace in blue

same with the steering wheel cover

black goes with any colour tbh and i may even go blue with the wheels

i may not be brave enough though

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
How long does it take to get to EARS motorsport mate? Cheap as chips for Kumho's! Macclesfield isn't it?

Mk5 golf gti
The steering wheel cover was what I didn't understand? What's its purpose if you've just got a new wheel?

are you serious lol

its not a cover to drive round using, its to keep it protected when not in use

or if i get a snap off boss then the wheel will need to be covered when put else where

Danith i went after college so took me a while as thats in Nantwich

yea its in macc

really good place

Mk5 golf gti
I was totally serious mate..? lol

I'm still a bit confused. How will it get damaged if not in use? As you won't be in the car to damage it?

The sun? its suede

basically love trs goodies lol

Mk5 golf gti
Ok just another quick clean (damn black :rasp:)

and fitted new plates and mock fitted the TRS what are people thinking on this??
anyway pics

cleaned the bay up a bit

beading attempt lol

looks far cleaner and frsh with that plate, just need ph2 lights now

and TRS ??

and Ph-reebone sent me a prostetic lower leg (ok its a window regulator) cheers pal :)

my silvervisons turned up smashed :( so another pair are on the way, and thats it for today

Mk5 golf gti
thought it looked and felt more like a gun...lol

Ahh that would of been a much more ghetto way of putting it

no wonder the postie looked worried when i took it off him and said 'ahh just what ive been waiting for' Lol

Sunflower Ph1 172
Glad you're liking it mate, I was gutted to see it drive away... BTW, check teh glovebox, there is a new outside temp sensor in there that needs soldering in.

Mk5 golf gti
Glad you're liking it mate, I was gutted to see it drive away... BTW, check teh glovebox, there is a new outside temp sensor in there that needs soldering in.
Yea mate cheers

You likin the new additions lol I've not seen that in the glovebok ill have another look later on :)

Mk5 golf gti
The engine bay scrubbed up well, wish I'd bothered to do it myself...

i have changed the engine cover as that was past saving lol

but i will properley clean the original one when i have time, how come the airbox is taped up, i may replace that

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking really good, can't say I think the tow strap suits it though. Swap your clusters with the gentlemen above, lower it, and it'll look supoyb.