ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dual optics HID's and various LED's

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
On the way to work this morning I noticed that my passenger main light has gone. I asked Jacob the Russian off here what he had and he linked me this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=200962964560

He was pretty sure he's was HB3 and 6000k. Can someone confirm this is correct? With Xmas coming up, I don't want to order the wrong ones with the parcel company's being busy.

As for the other lights I'd like some LED's for the numberplate holder and boot. Can people recommend me some please.

Lastly I'm after some "Cree" sidelight bulbs and the Osram blue style indicator bulbs (not sure the full name) but do I need offset or opposite pins and where's the best place to get them?

I'm trying to find all my answers in one thread.

Thanks, Mark.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Jekyll, I saw your PM this morning but was going to reply later when I could post links.

HIDs are fine, HB3 is the correct fitment and 6000k is a reasonable colour, it's what I run and is white with a very slight blue tint.

Personally I think CREE's are a bit too bright for sidelights, I use 5 SMD eBay cheapo jobs. They're 501 fitment.

Oh and the boot light is a 38mm festoon.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
No worries pal! I was on break at the time so thought i'd post up.

Feel free to link up in heer or via PM ;)

With regards to fitting, is it a bumper off job? And seen as I've already got dual optics on my ph1, is the HID kit a straight plug-in job?

On the way to work this morning I noticed that my passenger main light has gone. I asked Jacob the Russian off here what he had and he linked me this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=200962964560

He was pretty sure he's was HB3 and 6000k. Can someone confirm this is correct? With Xmas coming up, I don't want to order the wrong ones with the parcel company's being busy.

As for the other lights I'd like some LED's for the numberplate holder and boot. Can people recommend me some please.

Lastly I'm after some "Cree" sidelight bulbs and the Osram blue style indicator bulbs (not sure the full name) but do I need offset or opposite pins and where's the best place to get them?

I'm trying to find all my answers in one thread.

Thanks, Mark.

Quite glad you posted this Mark, was looking for some HIDs myself :)

Whole thread full of win!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you want it to look standard then I would used 4300k, standard for most production cars with xenons, as McGherkin says 6000k is bluer, giving more of a modified car look.

Of course it depends what you're after though :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The colour on my xenons on my old 182 was perfect so i'd like close to that. I had a look at your light thread @McGherkin and was happy with that.

@The Russian Ph1 looks good too, that was my inspiration to do it ;) However it was a plan to do at a later date but now i need to as im a headlight out, so why not upgrade :)

@Timmsy Im trying to keep all info in one thread with links included as ive see many threads but either not the info i need or no links.

Last edited:
@Timmsy Im trying to keep all info in one thread with links included as ive see many threads but either not the info i need or no links.

Good idea! possibly worth getting enough info and wrtting a "guide" or something for a sticky so the info is easy for all.
I know the search function is there but i totally agree on finding so many threads with info all over the place... gets very frustrating

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So got the front HID's and sidelight bulbs fitted (Still waiting on rear number plate holder before I fit the led rear) so here's a few comparisons pics.

11296075153_72b5b072a6.jpg

Only one main headlight by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391201674_8e0512da79.jpg

6000k HID's fitted by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11296109606_57a78daacd.jpg

Drivers dual optics with standard bulbs by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11296033375_0aeb6ac6db.jpg

Passenger standard sidelight by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391112844_1056dc71e5.jpg

Cree sidelight by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

11391042715_965c47ae55.jpg

HID's & Cree's by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr