ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DSLR Camera Under £200? HELP

RB 182
Hi guys.

I'll keep this dead simple.

Is it possible to get a DSLR Camera for sub £200, (obviously it is), but are there any GOOD ones?

Will be used to take photos in Australia.

Links/Names/Specs etc would be great.

GO!

Thanks,

Matt :approve:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
www.ebay.co.uk

:S

With that sort of budget, you're probably going to get an older lower spec Canon/Nikon with a kit lens.

Nothing wrong with them at all - it's the photographer that is key in taking good photos.

Quick blast over from scarborough to nottingham - can even try before you buy ;)

FYI: It's the setup I started with and it's a nice little camera. Bit old now but a good entry into learning DSLR settings

Clio RS200
Canon 350D is a perfect starter camera. Anywhere between £100-£200 quid will get you one. Up to the £200 mark you should be getting extra lenses and flash cards, batteries etc etc

RB 182
ha ha! i'm not wanting to be a professional photographer by any means, but it'll be used for photographs whilst travelling.

As long as it's a decent quality picture etc, i'm not fussed!

Thanks for the responses though boys, i'll have a proper look when i get back home from work.

Canon 350D is a perfect starter camera. Anywhere between £100-£200 quid will get you one. Up to the £200 mark you should be getting extra lenses and flash cards, batteries etc etc

That sounds like a good option for me really mate! i don't need all the flashy add-ons, but at the same time i don't just want a bog standard digital camera.

DSLR ftw?

Ermm NO sorry but the 350D is beyond old

It doesn't have a CMOS sensor - it has a 1.8" screen which is tiny. It doesn't have live view, it's a s**tty 8mp sensor, only goes to 1600ISO
I could list issues with it for the rest of the week and honestly I could get better quality photos with my iPhone 5

Honestly get the 1000D it's a superb entry level camera and the 18-55 is a perfect little walk around lens
The 350D is an 8 year old camera!

Clio RS200
Ermm NO sorry but the 350D is beyond old

It doesn't have a CMOS sensor - it has a 1.8" screen which is tiny. It doesn't have live view, it's a s**tty 8mp sensor, only goes to 1600ISO
I could list issues with it for the rest of the week and honestly I could get better quality photos with my iPhone 5

Honestly get the 1000D it's a superb entry level camera and the 18-55 is a perfect little walk around lens
The 350D is an 8 year old camera!

there's nothing wrong with a 350d. It's a perfect starter camera IMO. Most of everything you said he's not going to understand. You shouldn't use live view for DSLR anyway. Also with an iPhone 5, you're lucky if it turns on, let alone get decent pics with it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
350D owner here... have it mated to a Sigma DC and its still awesome. The only downside is the small review screen but I bet you'll find one cheaper than a 450D body.

He wouldn't understand but he would get poor quality results. Starting up dslr photography on a very very outdated sensor with a minute screen to preview your shots would leave me banging my head against a tree. Might as well buy a gopro if you want to preview things on a screen that small.

Shouldn't use liveview is also a bit of a daft statement. If you're doing a static setup shot and want to learn the difference in apertures and shutter speeds I would very much encourage people to use liveview

And 1600iso will be very restrictive with a kit lens if he ever plans on shooting people indoors - which on a holiday I suspect he will LOL

Why go for 8 year old very outdated technology when for the budget he can get a 450D or a 1000D?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
1000d personally. Great little camera, especially for travelling. Good size live view/review screen too. Good picture quality and better ISO handling.

Oh and I dont understand the argument of not using live view for a DSLR. Its a lot easier to frame certain things using it. You can see what the image will do in terms of aperture changes etc like Phil has said.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
450D is great for a beginner. I have been using it a good year or so now and it perfect for me and I have no plans to upgrade at the minute.As previously said, I had a 350D and a 300D before it and the small screen size a pain.

Yeah I had a 1000D which I swapped for a 450D and used it for well over a year. Lovely camera

I upgraded to a 50D and eventually a 7D just because I wanted the faster shooting speeds but the 450D was awesome

ST TDCI
I have recently bought a 1000D with 2 bags, 8gig sd card and a tripod delivered £150. Ebay ftw. Seems a really good camera, its just a shame about the bloke behind it!

RB 182
so buying privately on eBay seems to be the way forward!

I'll be keeping an eye out for a 1000D & 450D on eBay then lads, thanks for the help!

if anyone see's any bargains, post the links on here if you could.

not just for me, but i'm sure there'll be a few more people looking :approve:

172 cup
My Nikon D60 is for sale, comes with all original equipment and the box it was bought in. Great condition, has taken approximately 3000 photos and is still going strong.

There was a 450D with kit lens and a few bits and bobs for just over 200 quid on Talk Photography yesterday.
Can probably talk the price down to 200 I would think.