ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DSLR camera time

Lee

BMW M2C
At those prices you'll soon find the lenses they are bundling won't be up to much. I found that, when I bought my 350D I got a cheap Canon 90-300mm lens. I can see just how bad it is now I've got a decent L series lens, even if that is only up to 200mm, I have a 1.4 extender for it.

The kit lens is okay, but again you'll see a very noticable improvement with a higher quality lens.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That's pretty much the answer I feared and one which will no doubt push the total spend through the roof. I'll settle for the FZ50.

sneeks said:
Is this package any good?

Canon EOS400D packaged with 18-55mm Canon lens, Tamron 55-200mm lens, 1GB memory card and LowePro case - £650

Canon 400D + Canon 18-55mm + 1GB CF = £515 (http://www.ajpurdy.co.uk)

Tamron 55-200mm F4-5.6 AF = £72 (http://www.microglobe.co.uk)

So that equals £587, a case cannot cost that much! You could build that seperately and add the awesome 50mm f1.8 as well for the same price.

On the subject of lenses though they are only as good as the photographer behind them, from all the samples I've seen on the Nikon forums a good photographer with a £80 300mm zoom lens will still get a much sharper and better picture than someone average with a 300mm prime f2.8 costing 10 times as much.

Many people said I may as well take the 18-55mm kit lens off of my D50 and never use it, however I've found it to be fantastic and I actually want to use it alot just to see how good it can be, more often than not if you are limited in some way you will be far more creative.

Last edited:
  Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Lets be awkward.....
Someone at work recommended Fujifilm FinePix S9500

More or less same camera for a bit cheaper???

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think for the money I'd be better buying the FZ50 because in order to get a lens as capable as that on the DSLR's I've looked at I'd need to spend far more money than I'd like.

If anybody has any similar photograph's taken with both a bog standard camera and a high end camera I would be very interested to see them as I'm also looking at getting an all singing camera in the near future.

PM me if possible as my work's net access won't allow me to view personal homepage's :(

thanks

Steve