ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DS2500 request

Does anyone have any pics of where you are suppose to file down these pads?
I'm getting some at the weekend and never fitted them before, I've heard you have to file them but dont really know where.

182 Cup
Trial fit them first - might not even need doing, but mine did. You'll soon see where it needs doing, on either side of the backing plate.

Clio Trophy/Boxster
Fred

Did you ever manage to do a guide?

Also are you still able to source these and the Brembo HC discs?

kind regards
R2TR

200 cup & 106 GTi
I just took the shims out. No knocks coming on/off the brakes, no noises at all apart from the groan of grooved discs! Filing down the pads isn't really a great idea as they need to be a reasonably loose fit to slide easily in the carriers.

Make sure you clean up the metal under where the shims were with a wire brush/file and copper grease the pad contact areas on the carriers.

Mini Clubman
i fitted some brembo front discs and ds2500 pads today. not filing required. did have trouble getting one of the front discs off. we sheared one of the grub screws. luckly we managed to drill the sod out. fitting back ones tomorrow. just waiting for the new bearings to come. the backs bearings are sods to get out the original dics. after 2 hours attemping to get it out, put the old back discs back on and order new bearings just before the place shut today. should be ready to roll tomoz. paint calipers yellow too.

SQ5
WHat were you using to get them out, you'll need a very heavy duty press!

Took my old man, 2 people and a TWELVE ton hydraulic press to get my old ones out lol!