ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drove K-tecs l/pressure turbo today

53 Clio's & counting
Shaun Very kindly let me drive his turbo'd 172 today ( thanks again mate!) and thought id give my thoughts on it, well what can i say, took my breath away!

when driving normally, it feels like a normal 1*2, and when driven a bit harder the noise is fantastic, and good god it goes! It really pulls from nothing, floor it from low revs, a split second later and your off, no lag, and at high revs it just flys, it feels like a normal sport with a bucket load more torque and pops on gear changes is lush!

So all in all if Shauns right about the fuel consumption ( and i believe him as its his own car lol) i think for bang for buck this is the best thing or the market right now, and especailly as Shauns isn't a low mileage car, just shows how easy going on the car the conversion is.

£2800 for 212 bhp and 200 lb ft of torque is pretty good in my book, id get it just for the noise lol

Oh and Shaun i WILL be back for the other thing we were talking about, let me know when ready!

Clio 182
spoke to sean on friday, and he said they need nine hours to fit it and charge £450 on top of £2800. so all in about £2300.

53 Clio's & counting
Sounds good this kit.

How many miles is Shaun's 172 on?

A fair few mate, not low put it that way, and it is cracking to drive and the noise is amazing!!

the easiest way i can explain it is its like a normal 172 but with more power through the hole rev range, its not like a tuned engine, its like its still n/a, a tiny tiny bit of lag, the noff ya go!

oh and Sauns a complete loony, thanks for the 'spirited' drive in it, boy you can pedal a bit!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! I love it!
If I could have a sig I want that as it!