ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped oil cap in bay help plz

RB Clio 182
Hi everyone, iv been checking my car over this aft and I managed to drop the oil cap down a hole in the bay, its gone down the square hole below the passenger side strut under the aircon pipes, any idea how I can get it back? I'm working tomorrow lol.

RB Clio 182
I didn't hear it fall I hope it hasn't lodged anywhere, I cant get my hand in to feel, does anyone know if I stick something down and push it, it will fall on the undertray? Or do I need a new one?

I'll have another bash tomorrow.

RB Clio 182
Is this a actual joke.
If I push it will it fall?

No mate, I mean will it fall so I can get it, or will it get stuck? I cant explain properly but its impossible to reach so I was thinking if I could prod it with something it might fall through near the undertray etc, or will it get lodged in a dead end?

I'm not sure where that gap leads to.

Cup In bits
I know you said passenger side but I think you meant the drivers side and I think I know where you have dropped it.

Under the the engine mount beside the air con pipes? If so I once done this myself.... I ended up removing the engine mount support that bolts to the timing cover by supporting the engine with a jack and a block of wood and undoing the 3 bolts that attach it to the engine, then one nut that holds it to the engine mount.

It's a dead end down there so you won't loose it forever but it gets properly stuck in there.

RB Clio 182
I know you said passenger side but I think you meant the drivers side and I think I know where you have dropped it.

Under the the engine mount beside the air con pipes? If so I once done this myself.... I ended up removing the engine mount support that bolts to the timing cover by supporting the engine with a jack and a block of wood and undoing the 3 bolts that attach it to the engine, then one nut that holds it to the engine mount.

It's a dead end down there so you won't loose it forever but it gets properly stuck in there.

Yes mate I meant drivers side sorry, and you are correct yes, I was thinking about removing the bracket to give me access to get my hand in but I didn't want the engine to move or anything, ill have another look in a bit to see if I can hook it out with something, the air on pipes are in the way too :(

RB Clio 182
Jack the car up, get underneath and give it a really good jiggle. Make sure you use the Renault diamond jack on the sill for the best jigglement. £30 says it comes out. If it doesn't, then it's no skin off my nose.
Hahaha cheers pal, god nose if it'll work but its worth a try, yes ill use the Renault jack for the best bite.

Clio 182
Glad you resolved it.
I was going to suggest removing the rear beam and heading into the bay from the back then remove the engine for access.