ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drone coming from wheel...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I am unsure as to which wheel this is coming from... Im guessing it may be a wheel bearing? I have 25mm spacers on all round.

How do i find out which wheel?
How much am i looking at cost wise for repair?
Is it anything to do with the spacers?

Cheers

It does sound potentially like a bearing. Spacers do put more stress on assuming you're using standard offset wheels. It's a larger lever effect acting upon it in really simple terms. They are a wear and tear part though bearings so I'd not necessarily get rid of the spacers.

Cost will depend on whether it's front or rear, you could do with speaking with a few garages assuming you don't want to do it yourself. You can jack it up and spin individual wheels to see whether they're "grumbling" but it depends how far gone they are.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
the noise has got gradually worse... Im going to jack it up tomorrow and give the wheels a spin, if i do take it to a garage what kind of price (approx) am i looking at?

53 Clio's & counting
Check the tyres - these little cars have a habit of bubbling the rear tyres - jack it up and spin the wheels and look at the inner edges on the back tyres - I've had it on quite a few where you see the tyre looks like a 50p lol and it gives the impression of a wheel bearing going as it makes the same noise

Never had one done so I couldn't tell you but if it's rear the bearings are part of the brake discs. You're best doing both sides at once. If that's the case get @g 172 to price the parts up for you.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ok so fingers crossed its the front wheel...

Interesting russ, havnt noticed anything unusual on the tyres but will defo check this out

I guess the tyre would be the best outcome really?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Problem was offside wheel bearing, its been sorted at the local garage £70 including parts - not too bad