ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driveshaft popped out help.

clio 172
i now there are multiple threads on here about driveshaft popping out but i dont understand alot of it as i am quite the noob. my passanger side driveshaft has popped out of the wheel hub whilst on full lock. could some1 please help me out as i have no clue wat to do. do i just pop it back in. why did it just randomly pop out?
any advice welcome
cheers

clio 172
i will get a pic up 2moro because its hard to explain. where the teeth on the drive shaft slide in to the teeth on the hub it just looks like its slid out????

clio 172
just had a quick look and it seems that it has not cum out of the hub but come out where the cv boot is jubilee clipped on???
hope you understand what im trying to explain

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
So your cv joint has failed... Did that not make a horrific noise for a long time! Not a cheap fix im afraid you'll need a new joint which will most likely come with a full shaft

clio 172
no nothing what so ever. it was just on full left lock and popped out, so how does the shaft stay connected into the cv joint?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
LOL thats the sort of challenge i like! i changed a clutch for a boy who was on a tight budget, 2nd hand clutch and done it without taking the shaft out the box and draining the oil lol!!