ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft leaking gearbox oil out of metal seal.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I've just changed my drive shaft because it was clicking. Went for a drive and it's leaking gearbox oil though the metal seal. So I'm thinking if I buy a cv boot kit will it cure the clicking on my original shaft? Or can the metal seals be fixed?

Thanks

dan's cast offs.
check the boot is on straight and the metal ring is tight. you can buy a boot kit for them if needs be.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Yeah checked everything was ok and tight. Where's the best place to buy the cv boot/joint kit from?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Just a quick one. Is it still ok to drive while I source a cv joint kit?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Right people little more help. I can find the cv boot on euro boot I can't find the cv joint kit. Do they not do them?. And I'm guessing the kit has to be specifically for a cupped 182?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Or even better anyone know where to get a new driveshaft from that doesn't cost the earth is possible

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Yeah mate passenger side out of the metal seal. Cheers mate. Another quick question can you buy the cv joint kits separately as well as the cv boot?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Ok mate cheers. In hindsight I probably should of bought a new one to start with.

dan's cast offs.
the inner joint is just a tripod joint so should be easy to get on their own.

outer available on it's own.