ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers side hub flange

phase 1 172
Hi.
I was changing the front discs tonight, passenger side sorted no bother but drivers side a bit of a pain!
Couldnt get one of the bolts that secure the disc out, long story short had to drill it out, other bolt came out fine but replacement was the wrong size, I didnt realise this until it was screwed half way in rather tight! The drill came out again and I made a bit of a mess of the hub flange. I think its called a hub flange ( the bit of metal that the disc goes on to)!?
Anyway does the flange seperate from the hub assembly relatively easy and can a second hand one be used!?
Or do I have to pay a visit to the 'stealers'? :dead:

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
To answer your question: NO, the part you describe is part of the main hub which is a single CNC'd piece and whislt you can press this out of the Stub axle assembly you cannot do this without a bearing press and its a fun job either.

Though they're there for a reason you can get away without fitting the disc retaining bolts as the wheel will hold it in place. Failing that, either remove your existing hub and send it off to an engineering shop to be drilled out and have the thread re-tapped or buy yourself a 2nd hand hub and replace yours.

Mick

www.renparts.co.uk
As above you can get away with it as it is, but if you want to do it properly either source a replacement hub or have it repaired.