ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers seat airbag went off...

200 FF Storm Grey
I wouldn't have a problem with you doing it IF you told the person you sold the car to.

Did you ?

I haven't sold the car!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!

isca-hang.jpg

Titanium 182
I'm not taking to you ya wee prick ;)

The other dude, what's his face. The one that gally had an internet fight with. With a trophy. A red one. Can't remember his name.

Yeah, him.

Edit: Who the Fvck is that hanging ?

200 FF Storm Grey
lol touche

But in saying that.. it has no airbags so gally and kev will no doubht chew your heads off

Trophy #473
Lol, guys, you are the reason why I love CS and have been a member since 2004!

Well now I know! If only you were around Gally to inform me of this before I sold my dangerous vehicle... Maybe you could wipe my arse aswell next time, seeing as I probably dont have the common sense to do that either?

It worries me that there is people like you out there that don't even have the common sense to know the ecu would need re-programmed from renault after fitting it, not that the pre-tensioner was the problem.

And then put tape over the f.ucking air bag light, that's not dishonest, it's probably illegal.

200 FF Storm Grey
Went to view the clio on saturday, amazingly all the panels have been saved, some bits smoothed where needed and the rear quarter has been knocked out, the guy previously advised that it'd need a new rear quarter but he'd attempt to knock it out but we agreed that if it was anything but near perfect again then to buy a new panel, but amazingly it's fine.

Needs a new wing mirror and new headlight, that's it, because I don't need to pay out for any new parts I can get the airbag fitted which I'm sure will allow a couple of members to sleep alot more soundly tonight knowing that said wreck is 100% safe

Iceberg Ph1
Went to view the clio on saturday, amazingly all the panels have been saved, some bits smoothed where needed and the rear quarter has been knocked out, the guy previously advised that it'd need a new rear quarter but he'd attempt to knock it out but we agreed that if it was anything but near perfect again then to buy a new panel, but amazingly it's fine.

Needs a new wing mirror and new headlight, that's it, because I don't need to pay out for any new parts I can get the airbag fitted which I'm sure will allow a couple of members to sleep alot more soundly tonight knowing that said wreck is 100% safe

Good luck to you mate, thats great news, I am sure that has saved you an arm and a leg haha..

Hope the car is well soon!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I give up. If you need any help i'm sure Nathan will advise you.

200 FF Storm Grey
Good luck to you mate, thats great news, I am sure that has saved you an arm and a leg haha..

Hope the car is well soon!

Yeh I'm sure it has mate, prob knocked the final bill down by a good chunk, was dubious about knocking out panels but as I said the guy knew I was willing to pay for new panels so he'd only use the exisiting one's if they were spot on.

With any luck I'll have it for the weekend :approve:

I give up. If you need any help i'm sure Nathan will advise you.

Wish you'd of given up some time ago 2bh!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice reply mate, was it too much effort to type the word to be honest?

How in gods name he's going to repair a door that's been on it's side is a mystery, sounds like a quality garage tho.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll be well happy saving £500 on new panels, especially once you get it back.

200 FF Storm Grey

How in gods name he's going to repair a door that's been on it's side is a mystery, sounds like a quality garage tho.

Good luck, i'm sure you'll be well happy saving £500 on new panels, especially once you get it back.

Have you seen the car in person? Fair enough you've worked in the buisness but this guy owns his own bodyshop, has been in the buisness many many years and as said he was all set to order new parts, hate to say it but he probably knows more than you especially considering he's seen the car and examined the car where as you have the capability to examine it through a low-res mobile phone pic and come to conclusions about it's structural integrity.

As for the '2bh', are you really that desperate to argue about something?

200 FF Storm Grey

O and btw.. was it too much effort to type the word 'though'. Lol what a chump.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah fair point I was upset as you seem to throw away genuine comments as Nathan came in to the thread.

You're trying to save money on the repair so the job is never going to be to the same level of repair if you went through insurance so in conclusion you are cutting corners to save money? No?

200 FF Storm Grey
Ah fair point I was upset as you seem to throw away genuine comments as Nathan came in to the thread.

You're trying to save money on the repair so the job is never going to be to the same level of repair if you went through insurance so in conclusion you are cutting corners to save money? No?

How many times, I am willing to pay what ever it takes to get the car right, if the panel can be knocked out and be structurally/asthetically sound then I'm happy and with the added bonus of all factory welds being intact which you expressed was a concern of yours, nothing to do with cutting corners or saving money but if it doesn't need replacing then it won't be replaced as I'm not a fan of burning money.

I took your comment on board on another page as I explained, think the only thing that would make you happy is if I burnt it to the ground and bought a new car which in effect completely contradicts the job you've made a career out of as according to you any bodywork whether it be new panels or panel repair is going to be a bad job or have major problems so it begs the question as to why or how you ever made a living from the profession.

Last edited:
  200 FF Storm Grey
SRS guyz stop arguing.

Wouldn't even call it arguing, he says something then I explain, then he goes down a whole different route and starts arguing about something entirely different.

We've had..

Insurance
Selling the car on
Airbags
Factory Welds
Repairing body panels
My grammar
Now I'm being told I'm cutting corners.

Just seems like a busy body to me.

Titanium 182
"The black & red barron"

"During a daring evasive manouver involving a complex series of barrel rolls"

I actually think mods should change Cunneys name to the black & red barron.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Sorry to see your car in this state mate, atleast you had no injurys, Hope to see it back to its fantastic previous state that it once was :)

172 Exclusive,
Airbag computer needs to be reset/replaced. Then you need a resistor in the seat connector to trick the computer into thinking it's still connected.

I have the same issue in my exclusive. Can you explain exactly what needs to be bridged with what resistor.