ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers harness - where to fit?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I'm thinking of fitting a drivers harness, 4 point, but not sure where I can mount the 2 lap belt bits...

I was thinking I could mount one underneath the passenger seat between the subframe and the floor, would that be ok?

Not sure where I would fit the other side though?

Not a poxy Renault
I've got an aftermarket seat and subframe so:
gearstick side mounts onto the drivers subframe via a pre drilled hole, I've got an eyebolt going through with an FIA stressplate the other side of the subframe for it to screw into.
Sill side I'm goint to use the seat belt rail bolt hole which is M10, I'm looking for a long eyebolt at the moment so I can just replace the bolt with this and still use either the seatbelt or the harness. The trouble is that all of the M10 eyebolts I find aren't long enough to go through the seatbelt rail and locate enough in the thread, hence looking for a longer bolt.
You could modify the pretensioner bolt and seatbelt rail bolt with one of these:http://www.msar-safety.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=88 thereby adding an eye to the existing bolts, your harness can clip into these. So basically it can be done using the existing seatbelt mounting points
I'd imagine using the passengers subframe, the harness would rub on the handbrake / tunnel.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thanks for the info mate, any chance you might be able to grab some pictures once it's done.

I'll have aftermarket seats, but want to run a harness to the drivers just for track. Never thought about the rubbing on the handbrake, would be better on the drivers subframe.

Not a poxy Renault
Will do, as long as capital seating get their finger out and deliver my seat!