ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driven not detailed Ph1 T

Ph1 T
Looks sweet. Kind of spec I'd like.
But as a road car think the cooler would need re thinking but track car no worries looks great.

Yeah totally agree.. Tbh though Dont think I'd want one as a constant road car the noise and power just makes you want to give it a blast everywhere. Can't wait to see what it's like on track in next month

Brakes are mint ds3000 pads really are awesome..

No need for 4 pots ect although i will
Be fitting some wildwoods towards end of the year see what they're like and the look great

Are they much of an improvement over the standard setup? I was thinking of upgrading my brakes in the not too distant future.. Have you used DS2500? If so how to they compare to the DS3000's?

Thanks

Ph1 T
Are they much of an improvement over the standard setup? I was thinking of upgrading my brakes in the not too distant future.. Have you used DS2500? If so how to they compare to the DS3000's?

Thanks

Yeah had 2500 on my old 182 IMO there miles apart stoping ability and lack of fade is great although the dust off them does ruin your front wheels well that's if you never clean them after track like me :)

My setup compared to standard is unreal

Hc disks
Ds3000 pads
Braided lines
Dot 5.1 fluid

Your onto a winner at that

I used DS2500's on my old car and agree they are very good pads albeit very dusty! I was forever cleaning my wheels! Do the DS3000's offer much more stopping power and are they suitable for road use as my car is my everyday car.

Do you find with the increased stopping ability that the ABS kicks in more than with the standard setup?

Thanks

Ph1 T
Yeah there fine on road as i use them on road although do squeal when warm..

Not noticed anything with abs they just stop you massively quicker than the 2500 and obviously standard I won't have any problem stopping even with the power I'm running

Ph1 T
I'm wanting to go black with the cooler. What paint can you paint it with as I guess you can't use normal rattle can stuff?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Might want to get the cooler power coated, will get chipped to fcuk using spray paint. May well see you at the ring for a little tear up.

Yeah there fine on road as i use them on road although do squeal when warm..

Not noticed anything with abs they just stop you massively quicker than the 2500 and obviously standard I won't have any problem stopping even with the power I'm running

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Its interesting to know the increased stopping power isn't enough to lock the wheels..

Here's my LCR's.
IMG_5880.jpg

(Keeping with the Clio theme too)