ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive shafts _ the difference

Clio f1 r27
Hi everyone,
Could someone tell me about the drive shaft for these cars? I have a 2002 172 which has a 2 piece shaft on the drivers side. Can this be replaced with a 1 piece shaft?

From what what I see and read not all shafts are the same for these cars. I know the abs rings are different but I’m not running the abs so this is not a problem.
I’m replacing both drive shaft if anyone is wondering

PH2 172
Hi everyone,
Could someone tell me about the drive shaft for these cars? I have a 2002 172 which has a 2 piece shaft on the drivers side. Can this be replaced with a 1 piece shaft?

From what what I see and read not all shafts are the same for these cars. I know the abs rings are different but I’m not running the abs so this is not a problem.
I’m replacing both drive shaft if anyone is wondering

If you want to dispense with the support bearing on the RH side, you need a 172 Cup shaft 8200225212.

Shaftec R209AL & R209AR are probably your best bet.

With no ABS rings to consider, any PH2 172 std or 182 shafts will fit.

PH1 172 shafts are too short.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/172-cup-driveshaft-sourcing.783728/

monaco 172
If you want to dispense with the support bearing on the RH side, you need a 172 Cup shaft 8200225212.

Shaftec R209AL & R209AR are probably your best bet.

With no ABS rings to consider, any PH2 172 std or 182 shafts will fit.

PH1 172 shafts are too short.

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/172-cup-driveshaft-sourcing.783728/

Why would you want to remove the support bearing? Isn't it there to help reduce torque steer due to one shaft been longer than the other?

PH2 172
Why would you want to remove the support bearing? Isn't it there to help reduce torque steer due to one shaft been longer than the other?

I merely answered the question, it was not my proposal.

Are 172 Cups & PH1`s renowned for torque steer?

monaco 172
I merely answered the question, it was not my proposal.

Are 172 Cups & PH1`s renowned for torque steer?
Lol. No idea tbh, seems odd they used 2 different versions though, but I did think that was the idea behind a bearing supported 2 piece shaft.