ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drainhole under the scuttle???

Mk5 golf gti
ok on a major thread day today :)

ive been having quite a few electrical problems, and the other day when i pulled off the drive i thought i could here wtaer sloshing about

and as i moved the car i noticed water was all over the floor (rainwater for sure)

anyone had this before, i think as ive moved the car the water has got onto coilpack and fucked it

is there a drainhole under the scuttle that could be blocked??

Mk5 golf gti
Do these block easily?? is it just a case of removing the scuttle and unblocking them??

ps thanks

BMW M135i
Can with leaves and stuff. The trouble is that the skuttle doesn't drain to a lowest point so theres actually 3 drains iirc in it. Two in each corner and one in the middle that connects to a rubber pipe that runs down the bulkhead, if the middle one gets blocked then water will run into the cabin through the heater once it get to the right level.

And yes skuttle off, washer bottle out on the passenger side and some bits of the interior fan for the drivers side iirc has been a while.
Middle one is obvious.

Evo 6, E92 320d
You should be able to get to them by removing some of the arch liner, rubber flaps sit behind them.