ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Speakers within 2005+ Clios

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
Does anyone know the speaker sizes for my 59 plate 1.2 TCE. just wondering if anyone new save me removing door cards lol

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
focal ones look pretty decent, cheers, will these just simply fit in place of my old ones if they are the same size.... simply plug in and play?

ITB BG 182
I say focal simply for the reason being, if you dont have an amp they will play brilliantly from the head unit. Then if you amp them, they will sound alot better plus they can be had for £60-£80 which is not much more than others like JBL, Pioneer or Sony.

They'll fit in the original holes and screw points.

Listerine & Poledo
what about wiring for crossovers & tweeters?

I don't know about Mk3 but for Mk.2 if you go for most comps you'll need to rewire the doors/dash.

Which is why I'd say the pioneer ones, which literally are plug n play, no extra wiring hassles.

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
all i want is good plug in and plays to be honest. not to keen in going down the wiring route. hmmm decisions i will do some more in depth reading around

Listerine & Poledo
These

But dont bother unless you've changed the head unit those.

In my old Mk.2 I changed head unit, put in a small subwoofer and adjusted the high-pass filter so the speakers didn't' have to deal with bass. Worked really well I thought.

Listerine & Poledo
Hertz Dieci's may have in-line filters, so you can butcher those into existing wiring.

For the tweeters, I dont know, for the MK.2 you could just about change them without getting the dash out, Mk.3 may be very different though

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
yea cheers for all this advice guys its much appreciated, im only 18 and its my first car so i dont want to go jumping into anything hence all the constant questions