ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door cards for track car

RS200 & PH2 172
Wanting to ditch the door cards for my track project but would still like working electric windows not fussed about the mirrors cause can swop them for some standard non electric ones, but need some help with what options to go for to retain switches or relocate them and handles to open and close. Cheers Andy

I fitted oreca door cards and re-wired the windows to work with some generic switches off ebay which I've fitted into the dash

I'll be honest though it took me a day with a multimeter and a load of soldering to get to work :(

Ph1 T
Make some bud it's fairly easy remove your old ones so you've got the window switches and mirror just hanging

make a template of the door card

I used this stuff to make the door card:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=270778493049&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=04456843944

It's basically 3mm plastic strong and flexible perfect for the job.

Cut it from template with stanly drill holes out where you want switches to go the have recesses so just sit flush upto the card with no play. Then same for handles you'll need the cup racer handle spacers though. And fix using self tapping screws.

Here's how mine looks:

BDC09B17-3B18-46AB-8C4F-744BF38594B6-7701-000007D5AD5B17DE.jpg

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Make some bud it's fairly easy remove your old ones so you've got the window switches and mirror just hanging

make a template of the door card

I used this stuff to make the door card:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=270778493049&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=04456843944

It's basically 3mm plastic strong and flexible perfect for the job.

Cut it from template with stanly drill holes out where you want switches to go the have recesses so just sit flush upto the card with no play. Then same for handles you'll need the cup racer handle spacers though. And fix using self tapping screws.

Here's how mine looks:

Dan, how many of those sheets did you need to make the two door cards? Cheers.

^^ Just realised how stupid that question was... ignore me!

Ph1 T
Ordered the plastic :)

So where can I get the spacers from?

Cheers for ya help mate

Andy

I got mine from a chap on here but that's them posted in the eBay link.

I've just recently for ph2 interior handles for mine aswell looks alot better. Total cost will be no more than £50 and look good

RS200 & PH2 172
Will you have your door cards on at topo meet on 3rd Feb? Gonna have a run down and meet a few people, won't be in 172 due to lack of insurance/tax/mot oh and interior lol, but will bring the RB200

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
They do look great doorcards, but then nowhere to rest your arm, or put things like water bottle in the pocket, CD storage and all that. Ive even mounted a window hammer on the arm rest
So- in 2 minds to leave as is actually- but OEM certainly heavy

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
And no, I'm not a purist. My track weekend motor is used as a daily too....
So it's a balance