ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dont swerve for animals

1.2 16valve sport
Just written off my clio, swerved for a fuking duck, which in the wet caused me to lose control, was a sharp corner and i was on standard alloys with contentials at the time.

The car is a complete write off, hopefully all goes well with insurance. Just if i ran the duck over :(

Last edited:
  alien green rs133
i have to swerve for rabbits most nights, nine times out of ten still hit them, hence why my cup splitter is now in 45 pieces and replaced with rubber pipe :D

S4 Avant
I've had one of those moments, swerved to avoid a rabbit in the early hours, and clipped the grass verge on the other side of the road, flicked the car sideways and scared the s**t out of me

Since then, I don't swerve for anything

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I ran over a pigeon a couple of months ago. I lined it up dead centre ready for it to go nicely under my car.

I didn't realise it was that low and a cloud of feathers erupted behind me. :rofl:

Clio 172
i've hit loads of country side creatures, badgers, pheasants, rabbits etc. its a crap sensation when all you can do is grip the wheel tighter, clench and shut your eyes.

EDIT: gutted about your car by the way.

Last edited:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i said please, that was being nice?

sorry for the loss of ur beloved clio

Abarth 500 Essesse
hit a pigeon the other week :( no way in hell i'm moving out the way of the daft bird at 60 mph on an already dangerous road, gutted for you though mate,

200 cup & 106 GTi
I only swerve for deer and badgers, anything smaller and softer doesn't ruin my car so no need to swerve. Living in the country sucks though, deer don't stop and look, they leg it out of woodland full pelt straight into the road!

Was in a crash yest in a mates mini cooper, some idiots had stopped for ducks on a back road, just after a blind bend, in the wet! came around the corner and barely lost any speed before we crashed into the back of them. Awake with a headache now still :(

Clio 80bhp DCI
ILL be interested in the outcome of your insurance they will twist and turn like a twisty turny thing to not pay out,

Really hate insurance they rob ya blind then rob ya again when you need em

Gutted bout the clio did ya miss the duck?

RB 200 Cup!
gutted for you mate

must admit i swerve for nothing - apart from people cos they make the worst dents

Hit small animals every single time, only animals that you should try to avoid are ones large enough to pose danger to you if you hit them and depending on road/traffic conditions ones large enough to write off the car.

Unlucky, had a few close shaves myself but can't stop myself from swerving :S Just a reaction.

Audi TT
A hare took the fog light out on my BMW on way home from work at 3am the other month. Was making progress through a corner so there was no way I was deviating for him. Nothing I could do. Hare died and broke my fog :(

Like people said, badgers, deer and dogs are an avoid if poss though!

G

i think the lad was making the point that he had decent tires on his car before people started speculating

ouch, sorry to hear about your car mate :(

Driving my dads beamer a few years back, hit a rabbit and the stylised shape on the lower bumper above the splitter thingy took its head clean off and collected it up, only noticed when I braked for lights later in the journey, and the head rolled out of the vent and into the road in front of me. The lass stopped next too me couldnt quite believe it, the look on her face - :eek:

ouch, sorry to hear about your car mate :(

Driving my dads beamer a few years back, hit a rabbit and the stylised shape on the lower bumper above the splitter thingy took its head clean off and collected it up, only noticed when I braked for lights later in the journey, and the head rolled out of the vent and into the road in front of me. The lass stopped next too me couldnt quite believe it, the look on her face - :eek:

actually just laughed out loud in the office at work!

2001 1.2 Dynamique
Destroyed my Clio this weekend too, slippy road and my shonky driving finally caught up with me :(

Gutted for you mate, I know how you feel, but nobody got hurt so that's a small mercy eh!