ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington Park vids and pics inferno 182

Had my first trackday at Donington on Bank holiday Monday 6th May. Now usually bank hol weather is terrible but fortunately it must have been one of the nicest days of the year. (unfortunately the weathers been more downhill than craner curves since then!)

This was the full GP circuit. Tyres are uniroyal rainsport 2's :S as Bookatrack made me remove the slicks. I'll stick to Javelin trackdays in future.

Couple of videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3sBYD0gASM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgdupvVaAw

And the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/angrybeaver/sets/72157633450127979/with/8750383373/

Think I got my moneys worth out of these DS3000's
8750383373_ffd466d520_c.png

Had to change them over the lunch break.

8727241326_a610baac43_c.png

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Did you just mount the go pro on the dash with one of those sticky pads? Good videos btw

Did you just mount the go pro on the dash with one of those sticky pads? Good videos btw

cheers mate. The gopro is mounted under the rear view mirror on the screen using sticky pad. it is solid. But I did heat the window up with a hair dryer. applied the pad and left the car in the garage overnight with an oil filled heater inside the car to ensure the 3m sticky pad would be in optimum conditions for maximum adhesion.

Can see it here
8727216980_3c3a1a983e_c.png

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Looking good Guy. Them DS3000s didn't owe you anything mate!

I'm glad they've put posts up there as when I did the GP circuit there was a lad who cut the first corner and spread gravel all over track, they had to close track while marshals swept up. He did it a few times and I think they warned him/sent him home, was frustrating to say the least. As you can see from the pictures the gravel is a fair few feet from the curbs aswel!

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Loving this car.
I'm starting to like the new style RS badge more and more

Love Donnington GP, shame they've put posts on the chicane going onto the GP part as you used to be able to lift and batter across both curbs.

In the morning session I was really struggling with the chicane, there were cars well behind me all through the track but then on the exit of the chicane would be right behind me. After instruction there was an improvement but I still felt they were a bit of a weak point.

Looks well in that bottom pic mate :)

Thank you

we now have same car :) thought i knew your name from years back hi :)

Hellooo

Looking good Guy. Them DS3000s didn't owe you anything mate!

I'm glad they've put posts up there as when I did the GP circuit there was a lad who cut the first corner and spread gravel all over track, they had to close track while marshals swept up. He did it a few times and I think they warned him/sent him home, was frustrating to say the least. As you can see from the pictures the gravel is a fair few feet from the curbs aswel!

Yeah bookatrack said about people going through the gravel and just causing a nuisance for everyone and losing tracktime. The day seemed to go well overall. Got a bit of footage of an atom spinning infront of me and ending up in the gravel, he ended up with gravel rash to the chasis and his freshly refurbed magnesium wheels... ouch.

cheers all