ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington Park Trackday Videos

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
How did you get any with the suction mount? Were the cable ties enough to satisfy them?

I think it's down to the organiser, Circuit Days said suction mounts are fine. No need for cable ties either but did just to be on safe side.

Ditto Fletch, was a fun session. Yours looked to be handling well mate, definitely be good to get out again on track with you guys. :)

I'm going to be doing the Brands Hatch Renaultsport trackday on 22nd September next.

Great videos. What car are you in?

Dan.

That's a Z3 M Coupe.

16v Lite
Good vids.

That GT2RS was ballistic. It didn't have the drama of the stripped ITBd Clio that I also went in, but the punch it had without even needing to change down gear was amazing.

There was also an orange BMW M3 out there with an aero package (looked like a racecar) that I remember closing in on me pretty quick!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Got my videos done guys, the camera isnt the best over the kerbs so it looks harsher than what it was.

Featuring Whitley! He said he was a passenger in his car at 5:10, but im not so sure ;)
Also a few laps with our Nige.

Featuring Chris N Dougie

Featuring a very sideways Renault 9!

Best lap time from the last video is 1.23

Comments welcome guys

Last edited by a moderator:
  Nippy white cup
Great vid m8...yours is rapid carrying so much speed. I need to get some decent tyres on mine now ;)

Chris

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Great vid m8...yours is rapid carrying so much speed. I need to get some decent tyres on mine now ;)

Chris

You love going sideways, shame i didnt get the footage from the morning session - i carnt believe how sideways you were and still kept going forwards

Best lap time from the last video is 1.23

Comments welcome guys

That's a quick time, don't think I was going much faster than this!! The car looks so grippy on slicks. Good driving although one comment I would mention is heel and toeing - it doesn't sound like you're doing it? probably won't increase lap times much/at all but it gives the gearbox and clutch especially an easy time.

Last edited by a moderator:
  williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Cheers for your comments pal.

No wasnt healing or toeing, the instructor said to trail brake into the corners which i was trying throughout the day. Do you have any guides u recomend i read up on ??

Will give it a go chris, i only get to drive it once / twice a year (Money depending)

I think it something I just started to do with practice in my 205, although it was so easy in that car that I found myself doing it all the time even on any road. The BMW is a lot harder, not sure whether it's due to the floor mounted hinge throttle or the pedal layout but it took a lot longer to do and it's still not as "natural" as the 205. The 182 I had for a year or so was hopeless though, I think the drivebywire really did not help though.

It's funny you should mention trail braking as I think I was doing this into the last chicane, I seemed to be on the brakes all the way into it as it felt more stable and the front end seemed to turn in better with a little bit of loading on turn-in.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
agree with you there Chris, trail braking helped alot. One to remember for next time that.

Found a few articles on heal and toe - will try learn that for next year. Keep in touch with any other trackdays u do. Did u get Vic out for a few hot laps - she wouldnt get in with me lol