ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington Park Trackday Videos

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Here is my first ever attempt at recording on track. The video quality isn't as good as I hoped, it looks like the camera was focusing on the bugs on my windscreen rather than the track :eek:

This is the second session as the camera wasn't set up for the first. I'm my Megane R26 following Fletcher's 172 out of the pitlane :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Not bad mate. Shame you didn't get any videos of later sessions, as I was taking some much better lines, and not braking through craners :eek:

Great day mind :D

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
There's another one where I'm following you just after lunch.

Here's the next one.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
It's a Sony Handycam DCR-SX33 (only know that because it's sat in front of me) that I stole for the day off my parents.

I'm not very impressed with picture quality or battery life as it died at start of 7th session recording on track.

If anyone is interested I've used Windows Movie Maker to edit the videos.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
How did u mount it ?

I used a Delkin Fat Gecko suction mount attached to the windscreen and backed up with zip ties through the air vent.

You can just about see it here on the passenger side.
be9f806d.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Great videos Tim. Was good to meet you and Fletch :)

Don't suppose you film the session when I was out with you both?

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Cracking video again there Tim, nice to meet you both yesterday. Hope u has as good a time as i did. Sorry for holding u up a bit but i wanted some footage of you chasing me down ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Great videos Tim. Was good to meet you and Fletch :)

Good to meet you to Paul :)

Don't suppose you film the session when I was out with you both?

Cracking video again there Tim, nice to meet you both yesterday. Hope u has as good a time as i did. Sorry for holding u up a bit but i wanted some footage of you chasing me down ;)

Thanks for organising the day mate :approve:

That was me! :) I've probably got the onboard of that session from mine so I'll try and post it up and link it to it. That Megane is really quick I didn't really pull away on the straight too much at all - is it remapped or something!?

Your BMW isn't shy at all :cool:

Tim is running stage 2 on his megane!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep

No problem mate it was good fun :)

Thanks again for organising the trackday and keep Cliosport in mind if you're organsing any events in the future.

That was me! :) I've probably got the onboard of that session from mine so I'll try and post it up and link it to it. That Megane is really quick I didn't really pull away on the straight too much at all - is it remapped or something!?

Yes, I bought it not knowing it had RS Tuning Stage 2 remap and Forge intercooler :D

I've since added a Milltek decat and it's making 260bhp and 302 lb/ft while not holding boost so once I get round sorting that it will be even quicker :cool:

Have you done anything to yours?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Final video at 3pm just before the camera died :( Also quite short because I was running on fumes, the R26 averages ~10mpg on track :eek:

This session features p@blo in the Black 172 and Fletcher's 172 :)

No problem mate it was good fun :)

Thanks again for organising the trackday and keep Cliosport in mind if you're organsing any events in the future.

Yes, I bought it not knowing it had RS Tuning Stage 2 remap and Forge intercooler :D

I've since added a Milltek decat and it's making 260bhp and 302 lb/ft while not holding boost so once I get round sorting that it will be even quicker :cool:

Have you done anything to yours?

Just standard suspension changes (springs and dampers) - you have to with these cars as they're far too soft from factory. I imagine the R26 goes well on track from the factory? Engine is standard so power to weight is probably about the same though the megane actually has nearly 50lb/ft more!!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Final video at 3pm just before the camera died :( Also quite short because I was running on fumes, the R26 averages ~10mpg on track :eek:

This session features p@blo in the Black 172 and Fletcher's 172 :)

I really enjoyed this session, shame I was low on fuel also.

Hopefully have another play with P@blo again in the future, with some R888s fitted :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I really enjoyed this session, shame I was low on fuel also.

Hopefully have another play with P@blo again in the future, with some R888s fitted :)

Ditto Fletch, was a fun session. Yours looked to be handling well mate, definitely be good to get out again on track with you guys. :)

Got my footage up now and roughly whats in them;

1/5: Blue "Mark Fish" Clio, Black Ibiza, 3-Series Trackcar, Silver Ibiza, TVR Tuscan, Yellow Caterham, VR6, Blue 16v, White 106 GTi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CmSWeEpW68

2/5: Mk2 Golf, White Megane, M3 CSL, Red 16v, Focus RS, Silver mk1 172, Black 182
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yszKxrX37Sw

3/5: Silver mk1 172, white 172 cup (Chris), yellow megane is towards the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNWEL9eun8

4/5: Atom, Dark Blue(?) 172, Blue 172, Blue Megane, White Caterham, MX5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=501cHIPhu9A

5/5: M3 CSL, White 200
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsjdW2dwEcI

Last edited: