ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington BTCC

Oil Burner
My first visit to Donington, Went up late Saturday evening after working all saturday, ended up sleeping in the car (not recomended!)
Donington was a fascinating track to photograph, its currently only second to Brands in my mind (im sure that would change if it was closer and i had photographed it more)
The weather at Donington this weekend felt like i had done something to **** god off. I ringed out alot of my stuff several times over the weekend.
Nevertheless i enjoyed the weekend and when trackside its a photographic gem.
1. Waiting for first race
538455340_Yw2oD-L-1.jpg

2. Starting first race
538454331_sAtby-L-1.jpg

3.Showing how its done in the first (and second) race
538465702_bVraj-L-1.jpg

4.Dampness!
538470133_syLiG-L-1.jpg

5.Trying to get some reflections
538534880_usJ36-L-1.jpg

6.Something a bit weird?
538545962_y3Dau-L-1.jpg

7.Something a bit more normal
538548900_7i58Q-L-2.jpg

8.Something a bit slow (and soft)
539476184_YCFAP-L-1.jpg

9.Liked this Angle...incase you didnt notice...
538551757_6RGXr-L-1.jpg

10.The image im most pleased with... actually mostly done on camera, well underexposed in a dark garage with the door open, then levels played with and photoshop used to remove a few background lights. (excuse the text, its going to be a downloadable desktop)
539479951_jfsaH-L-1.jpg

Hope you like them, certainly i cant wait to shoot BTCC at Donington again, i really needed to take advantage of the going away shots (driving on grass type shot) more than i did, but given how hard jelly went into the wall (where you stand to take this shot) i decided standing there was not such a hot idea.
Nick

Fantastic shots Nick. Donington has probably the biggest difference between shooting trackside or public. It's (particularly now) an awful track to shoot from public positions, but the shots from trackside are always wonderful.

Saying that, the paddock shots are actually my favourite from these, great atmosphere in the rain, #1 and #4 really stand out.

#6 is indeed odd, not sure it works with all that messy grass filling the frame, but I love how different it is.

The place has produced the greatest motorsport shot I've ever seen, one of the straights lines up with the approach/landing for the airport, and there is a shot of a car with the plane overhead, incredible.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
absolutely superb! especially the last picture!

downloadable desktop eh?!

Some crackers there, really impressed.

I like No6 but I think it might work better with more of a letterbox style crop..

Cupra
Skills. Lovely shots but sod taking my gear out in weather like that! Did the camera not get wet too or have you got protective kit for it?

Mini JCW
Awesome photos matey - you definitely have a talent for it!

The first image has to be my favourite...

Ian

Focus TDCi
Excellent photos Nick.. I was gonna say which ones I liked, but it turned out to be nearly all of them. :) I like how you've added something extra to a lot of the shots.. really impressed!

Oil Burner
Thankyou all for comments, really appreciate them, great to get such good responses, makes getting soaked worth it. I will post a picture later of my waterproofing efforts. But rest assured its nothing too complex. I was very fortunate my gear didnt get too wet, however i saw a few of the other guys loose expensive equipment, saw a trashed 50d with water behind the screen.

Here is a link to that Seat image as a Desktop (hopefully its avalible in most resolutions. http://dunganick.smugmug.com/Motorsport UK 2009/788884

If you go to the site, open the resolution you need and then open the 'original' size, right click and set as desktop (or save)

Naturally please dont take the mick and use the image for things other than a desktop without permission.... ive only made this avalible to CS.

Nick

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Cheers hun, my desktop size is 1280x768 which one do i use? I am computer image illiterate!

172cup
Excellent pics mate, love the one with the rain splashing near the vxr. Even happier that I can spot me and my mates in the stand. Good job.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thankyou all for comments, really appreciate them, great to get such good responses, makes getting soaked worth it. I will post a picture later of my waterproofing efforts. But rest assured its nothing too complex. I was very fortunate my gear didnt get too wet, however i saw a few of the other guys loose expensive equipment, saw a trashed 50d with water behind the screen.

Here is a link to that Seat image as a Desktop (hopefully its avalible in most resolutions. http://dunganick.smugmug.com/Motorsport%20UK%202009/788884

If you go to the site, open the resolution you need and then open the 'original' size, right click and set as desktop (or save)

Naturally please dont take the mick and use the image for things other than a desktop without permission.... ive only made this avalible to CS.

Nick

What a really generous gesture, Nick. Especially as how proud you were of that shot.

Very rare that people give away their skills and abilities for free these days. :approve:

D.

Oil Burner
Thanks once again everyone, I dont mind giving my stuff away, so long as people dont abuse it, i would rather see people liking it than it sitting on my hard drive, I will see if i can find some people to use the image in a magazine etc... but as the team did some badly this weekend i dont think many people are interested in it.

If i could ask one thing in return, would people go to this link http://dunganick.smugmug.com/gallery/8262573_QwWt6#540658527_tQ9J6-A-LB and then hover over the top right corner and rate it as a green thumb. If you do that thankyou v much!

540654806_HexFd-L-1.jpg

Here is my 'waterproof' setup. Its more a way of limiting the rain, particularly between the lens and camera. The camera itself somewhat goes it alone, although i normally hold it out of the rain. The flashes i am reliably informed are weatherproof....not certain on that one, but it survived the weekend. Its simply an arm off an old coat, with the end split open, happens to fit the lense perfectly. Not perfect, but its free!

Suspect thats all from me today as i will have run out of posts :dapprove:

Gem

Racing Blue 182
If anyone is feeling kind tonight, would anyone mind clicking "save as" on the photos and re-hosting as photobucket? :eek:

I went to Donington on Sunday and would really like to see these pictures. Unfortunately I can't view Flickr account images. (Long story don't ask).

If anyone is feeling kind tonight, would anyone mind clicking "save as" on the photos and re-hosting as photobucket? :eek:

I went to Donington on Sunday and would really like to see these pictures. Unfortunately I can't view Flickr account images. (Long story don't ask).

They are on Smugmug, not Flickr.

Can you view this...(nice and small as not to disrupt the thread too much)

537796459_Ci7NB-S.jpg

So now I really want to ask why you can't view Flickr or Smugmug, but can see Photobucket! Seems a bit odd.

Oil Burner
Is this thread touring the forum?! Seems to be on it's 3rd visit now!

It got moved by a mod from Here to Motorsport, i then asked revels to move it back as motorsport tends not to get much attention and it was really intended for the photography bods.... as it turned out it went down well in motorsport, then this morning Revels got my PM and moved it lol

So yeh moving around a bit.