ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog bone mount

clio
My dog bone mount is truly buggered. Iv taken it off and it isn't one of the twisted type. I'm taking the mount to engine dynamics just down the rd tomorrow. There going to supply and fit the poly type bushes to the mount for me.
Will they fit?
Is that and aftermarket mount not standard?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    523.9 KB · Views: 93
  clio
182.. Just had a loom on engine dynamics site and it seems my car is fitted with a phase 1 dog bone mount.

Renault Clio 172
thats not a ph1 mount, the ph1 has a really short one with the bushes the same way and a metal bracket bolted to the gearbox, it looks like a cheap replacement ph2 mount

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
To be honest it'd probably be alot cheaper to buy an Evol mount with the polybushes already installed and then have the garage fit that, it'd only take them a couple of minutes on a ramp.

Plus you wouldn't have to worry that you've fitted polybushes to some s**t mount

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
To be honest it'd probably be alot cheaper to buy an Evol mount with the polybushes already installed and then have the garage fit that, it'd only take them a couple of minutes on a ramp.

Plus you wouldn't have to worry that you've fitted polybushes to some s**t mount

Just taken an Evol dog bone mount off my car after a week of driving. Couldn't put up with the extra noise in the cabin, there was some more vibration and car felt awesome when pushing on, gear change was better it was just the noise. Went back to a brand new standard mount. It is easy to fit a mount as mentioned, longer to get tools out and car up than to fit.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The evol is noisy from cold with other uprated mounts. Im currently trying the blue evol mount which is better for noise than the black but performs equally as well

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I've got the ktec race mount, and it is pretty noisy, a lot of vibration at certain rpms. If you don't mind noise, however, it is perfect. Also, you can fit a mount yourself, it takes about 30 mins, and is literally 2 bolts. Be sure to get it the correct way up.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Aha possibly! Well yeah, probably was more like 10 mins, but if you weren't proficient with working on cars it could be up to 30... any more and you would definitely be sleeping!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Took me about 30 mins and a lot of swearing just to get one of the bolts out when I replaced my dogbone!!