ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does your seat belt light buzz ?

This is a bit random i know.

I noticed the seat belt light on the instrument panel of the courtesy car i had when my car was in for the cam & aux belt change made a noise to remind you to put your belt on (i cant remember if it buzzed/beeped though) :S

Was this a thing Renault added to later model clios ?

As my seat belt light just lights up but has no buzzer/beep :S

Should my car have a noise when the seatbelt light comes on ?

The courtesy car in qestion was a 56 plate clio campus.

M2 Competition
My mates cup did this, and mine doesnt.

Probably something you can turn off and on like the auto locking etc?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
was late 02 or early 03 plate it happened i think, my 2002 02 plate didnt buzz just flashed but my 03 plate buzzes and flashes.

it cant be turned off afaik

BMW M135i
On the flip side my 51 plate 1.2 had the seatbelt light on the top left instead of the middle right and neither beeped nor flashed.

Ah right ok i did wonder.

As i thought the buzzer on my car had broke. :S

Where is the buzzer for this located any way ?

J03

MX5 1.8
my 04 1.2 does this.. its very anoying but it gets me to put the seat belt on to shut it up

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
my mk3 55 plate does and its a pain in the arse, beeps over 10miles and hour and gets louder and louder till you put it on.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
my mk3 55 plate does and its a pain in the arse, beeps over 10miles and hour and gets louder and louder till you put it on.

What a huge inconvenience warning you to put your seat belt on eh . Maybe it wouldn't be such an huge inconvenience if you were fined anywhere up to £500 for not wearing it or you had an accident and went through the windscreen ;) .

And its 6mph not 10 if you want to be pedantic :clown:

197 R27 F1 Team
the mk3 does it the beeping gets louder and faster, i wonder how many ncap points they got for that lol