ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this look right? Or do I need new set up??

RB + LY 182 FF
I have bilsteins fitted to my clio approx 5 years old.. Do they look ok? The suspension is good, driving it I wouldn't say the suspension has gone.. Time for a change?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    540.8 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 130

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So just to be sure .. your suspension isn't showing any faults and it doesn't feel faulty when driving, but you're asking if you should change it ?

RB + LY 182 FF
Exhaust is in tomorrow morning for new one :) feels ok but previous owner ain't kept on top of cleaning it so not sure if it seized :-( I have boon told it is and also told it isn't

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's impossible for anyone on here to tell if something is seized by looking at it. Spring don't seize though, the damper won't and your beam won't have either. These all move when driving so don't get stuck. Just look for leaks on the shocks. You can paint them to stop corrosion.

Car is too low though

RB + LY 182 FF
Bilsteins kit with eibach springs. looking to buy RB so not changing set up

Height of a car is personal preference. I'm happy with the height and any lower I may struggle with speed bumps. Seen a lot lower

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My old Vmaxx springs (both sets) used to coil up like that where the top 3 coils touch when compressed.

I've had 2 sets of Eibach springs and they've never looked like that :S