ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does No One Wave / Flash Back?

Clio 172 Ph2
Spotted a blue 54plate 182 heading past the Cheshire Cat in Christleton Chester and a Flamer by the BP in Rowton and neither acknowledge me.... Granted their probably not on the forum but back when I had the Mini or the 306Dturbo everyone used to acknowledge you?

Or am I just getting old and synical? lol

2014 Clio 200t edc
No it's the same around here. They look blankly at you. I agree with the mini thing, even in my BMW mini people used to flash or wave.

Clio 172 Ph2
Haha Will do! We due another mini meet soon? Now i've got the damn thing on the road and looking something like.

Clio 172 Ph2
Snap.... down in Oswestry during the week but back in Chester at the weekends to see the pearents and use the garage lol nothing changes ;)

Clio 182
I dont think theres anyone who doesnt do it onthe modified volkswagen scene, it does make you feel good when fellow car enthusiasts give you a wave or a nod :)

Mk2 Ph2 172
In my fiesta RS turbos, old school mini's, bmw, golfs I use to get flashes and waves all the time

In the Clio other Clio sport owners are moody as f**k

No waves or flashes... Just a puzzled look towards we like who the f**k are you or do I know you lol !!!!

clio 182FF
Possibly for the 182/ 172 case the cheaper price means more people are getting them even if they areant so much of a "car enthusiast" so basically its getting into chav price so maybe you will get a wave if you put a few halfords "sport" badges etc on lol

Clio 172 Ph2
Probably sadly true..... especially after some of the sights we've seen going through ebay....shocking what people can do to good cars if let loose

clio 182FF
Probably sadly true..... especially after some of the sights we've seen going through ebay....shocking what people can do to good cars if let loose

yes its sad to see them getting ruined, guess thats the downside of ever decreasing prices. Still such great cars though!

R26 + EV0 FQ340
I never bother waving at 172/182's now due to that reason. Saying that hardly any of the newer clios or meganes wave back either.

Do you come to Wrexham much Knuckles? I saw a tidy LY R27 filling up at Shell awhile back. I looked over but just got ignored so never bother saying hi.

ITB BG 182
People in and around Nottingham are boring s***s, no one waves, beeps, nods or flashes when another cliosporter is near by....

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I always wave or flash but as yet I haven’t come across anyone who has responded apart from maybe looking at me like I am an idiot.

RB Lutecia
Well unfortunatley most round here are owned by young chavs and theyre not interested in waving, just starting on you because youve flashed at them, or its the other way round and they are of the older generation and you dont get no reply, i dont mind waving or flashing at folk, just be nice i guess to get it back off them rather than just a blank look ! xD

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
I wave to every sport, and even to non-sports that I think look remotely owned by an enthusiast... There's an absolutely mint red non-sport near my way I see quite often and he waves!

Nimbus Grey 197
iv noticed this nobody waves nods or flashes any more but iv noticed being a biker bikes dont even nod to each other any more

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think its just what the world is becoming! nobody wants to talk to each other anymore!

i used to get a wave in my valver when i saw another one, but tbh, i could count the times i actually saw another valver on the road on one hand!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I get plenty of waves and flashes around Derbyshire, dare I say it it tends to be the mark 2 phase 2 and newer that don't respond or look confused, most mark 1 and mark 2 phase quick owners are a friendly wavy bunch. all in my experience of course, its probably bias as well as you see a lot more phase 2 and mark 3 cars so as a percentage, less wave back, but overall there's probably more who respond due to sheer numbers!

still not the same as the dub scene though, everything with a VW badge used to acknowledge my old mk 3 polos, well most anyway

Clio 197
I get plenty of waves and flashes around Derbyshire, dare I say it it tends to be the mark 2 phase 2 and newer that don't respond or look confused, most mark 1 and mark 2 phase quick owners are a friendly wavy bunch. all in my experience of course, its probably bias as well as you see a lot more phase 2 and mark 3 cars so as a percentage, less wave back, but overall there's probably more who respond due to sheer numbers!

still not the same as the dub scene though, everything with a VW badge used to acknowledge my old mk 3 polos, well most anyway

I'd wave back. I feel like a prat though when I don't get a response.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i'll keep an eye out for you, I live in Ambergate now so closer again to the cotes and swing up there for B&Q'ing :)

Trophy Turbo :)
May be if you were driving a 1904 Crestmobile then a wave would be nice, id never dreammmm of waving at another Clio, My mam drives a clio 182 and if some one flashed at her she would slow down thinking the police were there with a Camera :)

Too many Clios on the roads to wave at. :)

RB Lutecia
May be if you were driving a 1904 Crestmobile then a wave would be nice, id never dreammmm of waving at another Clio, My mam drives a clio 182 and if some one flashed at her she would slow down thinking the police were there with a Camera :)

Too many Clios on the roads to wave at. :)

Lighten up, its not as if were asking you to stop, get out, be best of buddies and exchange numbers to meet in the local mcdonalds car parks every other night, just a little aknowledgement such as a wave or a flash, there are too many folk out there these days getting stuck-up and theink theyre too 'hard' to wave back at a stranger, loosen up a bit and enjoy the fact that someone else is being friendly, after all they're only admiring a decent car because they have one too or have one similar !