ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does No One Wave / Flash Back?

clio 182FF
May be if you were driving a 1904 Crestmobile then a wave would be nice, id never dreammmm of waving at another Clio, My mam drives a clio 182 and if some one flashed at her she would slow down thinking the police were there with a Camera :)

Too many Clios on the roads to wave at. :)

Out of interest (and slightly off topic), what do you guys think is the most common or rare out of the hot hatches? so between say type r, fiesta st, renault sport clio's, VW GTI etc.

I used to think the renaulsport clio was the rarest to see about on the roads i travel but lately im seeing them everywhere - not just the same one, different ones each time! I swear before i had got the bg 182 i never had even seen them on the roads lol, i guess you look more closely at a car that comes past if you own one/ similar variant!

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Out of interest (and slightly off topic), what do you guys think is the most common or rare out of the hot hatches? so between say type r, fiesta st, renault sport clio's, VW GTI etc.

I used to think the renaulsport clio was the rarest to see about on the roads i travel but lately im seeing them everywhere - not just the same one, different ones each time! I swear before i had got the bg 182 i never had even seen them on the roads lol, i guess you look more closely at a car that comes past if you own one/ similar variant!

Same here. I never used to spot 182's about but now I see a fair few. I would say the Corsa VXR and Fiesta ST are the ones I see least, millions of Type R's and Golf GTI's though.

Only ever seen 2 Megane R26.R's and not so many new Megane sports.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Rs clios are rarest... But that's only when I'm driving my car... When I'm a passenger they pop up all over the place lol!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
On my way home from work today (Southend bound A127) I actually drove past another RB 182 with a Cliosport sticker on the tailgate glass. I thought what the heck I'll wave ( in the coolest way possible) to acknowledge the fact I've seen the car, in the club too type thing. I didn't look long enough to see if there was a decent response but thought I've done my deed for the day. He probably thought what the hell is a guy hitting late 30s doing in that lol

Classic mini owners are the most enthusiastic, flashin lights and bibbing horns :D

Rusty Cup
Scoobs always wave or flash. Even women in their fifties !

Always amuses me..!

Ive witnessed this myself from the passenger seat of my mates old scooby great sense of community. TBH i dont wish to share that sense of community with 90% of Clio owners so put me down for a would not wave//flash (unless your fit)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
polo GTi, new ones with the turbo lumps, never ever see them, seen like 1 since they came out

Clio 172
On my way home from work today (Southend bound A127) I actually drove past another RB 182 with a Cliosport sticker on the tailgate glass. I thought what the heck I'll wave ( in the coolest way possible) to acknowledge the fact I've seen the car, in the club too type thing. I didn't look long enough to see if there was a decent response but thought I've done my deed for the day. He probably thought what the hell is a guy hitting late 30s doing in that lol

Classic mini owners are the most enthusiastic, flashin lights and bibbing horns :D

Part of the reason I don't wave at Clio owners, just look like some old dude trying to be cool. In my MKII golf I got flashed and waved at all the time. I guess people could tell it was modified.

I have only ever seen one clio sport in the last 6 months over here, and that was at the other side of the motorway. No clio waves for me :(

I nearly forgot it was a thing until I had a short burst in an audi S4 one evening. Couldn't believe the amount of waves I got. Felt famous

1eight2
I once flashed at a blonde bird in a 182. Her boyfriend looked at me abit dodgy and she didn't flash back. I should keep my clothes on in public.

172 cup
I got nodded and smiled at by a woman in her 30's in Middlesbrough last week. She was in a silver 1*2. Felt an enormous sense of well being. x

LY R26
Don't get bugger all response around here, waved or flashed a few times and got nothing back.

Astra H vxr
Only been flashed and waved by another clio about 2x within the year but have had about 6-7 people flash in there megane sport some reason