ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dodgy recaro seats

ff silver 182
Hi there, i recently forked out close to £1500 on a set of recaros for my 182, the same items as in the trophy jobbie, but to my absoloute horror when i tried to move them backwards by lifting the bar underneath the handle came off in my hands, so i rung the firm who fitted them(who shall remain annonymous for now),and they say it has never happened before...first time ever...it has ever happened.Said they would get in touch with recaro.Got in car this morning drivers side comes off, so i am left with 2 w*****d seats, not happy bunny . anyone else on here have the same problem with recaro

ff silver 182
gonna give them till thursday, they have to speak to recaro in germany, i forwarded some photos of the offending items to them.just have to wait and see i guess. if i get no joy i got a mate who is a solicitor who will quite happily write me a nice letter to give to them..so we will see

ff silver 182
no just fell off, on one side there are 3 holes to fit 3 prong things, on other side just one hole and prong thing.just wont fit and dont work

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
mate, its nothing wrong with them, they just havn't fitted them right, they need to put the seat runners as close together as possible, as the slider bar just clips in between the two seat runners - what subframes have they fitted them with, they need to just take them out and fit the frames nearer a couple of mm out would mean the handle would fall off. take it back to the garage and the guy that fitted them will know what he done wrong

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
also what handle did they use, the original clio one ? or the one that came with the subframes - search on here for the link to the guide on fitting recaro's. it doesn't really say anything about the bar, and how its held in place, but when you have it all out you see how it fits together

ff silver 182
they used the ones recaro supplied ,as axlebluebolt says they havent fitted them correctly,they dont open wide enough to fit onto the studs, you have to literally have to get right under the seat and hold the bar on the the prongs and some how lift and pull the same time(fu****g hard work). I had capital seating to do the work, and they insisted its not their fault, must be recaro. Who knows prehaps recaro sent the wrong bar or just been badly fitted. Giving them until thursday to sort something out

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hmm,maybe try taking them back to where they were fitted and uninstall them and try again??

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yeah it just clips in their is nothing to hold it in place - ie it doesn't scren on, it isn't welded on. its just a piece of metal that slots into place. and if the seat sliders are too far apart it wll fall off, i know this from trial and error.