ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DO they fit a 1.2 16v!!!1

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi im one of the newest members to the crew!!!!!!!!

Ive got a 1.2 16v 55 reg clio. (not the new ugly new 1)

im just wondering if you guys can help me, i want to fit the anathracite cup wheels to it and lower it, however i just need to know if they will def fit my car, if not what wheels do you advise me to go 4 and how low should i got depending on teh size of the wheels, 16"17".

p.s my car is black!!!

thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
welcome, nice to see you got it in the best colour ;)

yes they fit and as for lowering it go for 60mm with new shocks too dont just change the springs.

S2000
Proably best not to go for more that 16" wheels mate. Personally I would go with 15" wheels but anything above 16" really will kill the limited power you have.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive just got the standard 15" alloys on mine i think they look fine but i would go for the speedlines from the cup if your changing them, wouldnt get the anthracite ones from the trophy though just the silver ones....
22116278-S.jpg

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
yea, i suppose 15"s look nice mate, thanks alot i will prob go for them then, and the 60mm drop. I wanna tint my windows and colour code everything then it should be looking smart.

cheers!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
seeing as i am going to lower the car, are their any suspension kits you guys advise me to go for, not too expensive however i do want them too be worthwhile!!!!!!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i've always been on about doing this, but with cup wheels.

-60mm springs and shocks are £250 +

turinins are expensive i just lost out on a set without tyres for £350 on ebay.
mk2 172 alloys look good especially if powder coated. and they are £150 + with decent tyres on, but i guess your wheels look similar anyway, mine are the ph2 15" wheels so theyd look different.
hope this helps.

Clio 1.2 16V Extreme
Hi everyone, i also have a black 1.2 16v, id like ur advice on what mods to do without ruining the look of the clio, you know like not chavving it up!!! :)

Clio 1.4 16v Mk2
ClioHunni said:
Hi everyone, i also have a black 1.2 16v, id like ur advice on what mods to do without ruining the look of the clio, you know like not chavving it up!!! :)

my opinion: Black=subtle and smooth colour code all you trims nice exhaust full system too. my 2ps worth

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
These are my Speedline Turinis from a 172 in anthracite, had them a lil while now

BW1.JPG

Car1.JPG

ClioHunni said:
Lower it on coilovers.
Some nice wheels 16's probably the best possible the CUp ones as they do look good.
Colour match everything.