ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do mk1 V6's come with tracker installed??

An orange one
really need to know this as the dealer ive bought it off says it doesnt have it..but i thought all vee's did..it makes nearly £200 difference on insurance too!!

help!

An orange one
thank you, i thought that, do the insurance need to see proof of tracker fitted or should they just know??

Provided it is not an import they were fitted with a Tracker before being delivered to the Dealer.

Make sure that you have all the paperwork for it as you will have to transfer ownership and also I think your insurance Company will require a copy of the Certificate of Installation.

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)
They were all fitted with a tracker. However, for it to be initialised you have to join up with Tracstar (or a spelling similar to that). When I bought my car I was given the opportunity to pay £195 for a lifetimes membership. I declined as I would rather my car was not returned if stolen.

yes same as me tom they all come fitted and should have prove of documents, but i turned mine down as with elephant it dosent make any difference with your insurence plus i dont want it back if its stolen too

John V6 said:
Provided it is not an import they were fitted with a Tracker before being delivered to the Dealer.

Make sure that you have all the paperwork for it as you will have to transfer ownership and also I think your insurance Company will require a copy of the Certificate of Installation.

As John says, the UK cars were but not imports

An orange one
ok..well the dealer is certain there is no documentation :( its got a plaque stating number 035 so its a UK car right? as imports werent numbered?

this is a sticky one then, how do i prove a tracker is on it..