ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJRoberts/DannyR Ph1 172 Supercharged Fast Road/Track ****

Coupe/Defender V8
Dials look nice bud - keep us posted. stronger bottom end seems like a bright idea, are you not going to bother doing it yet?

White Evo V
Sorry Danny I dont have the vids any more! Totally deleted them incase I ended up getting into trouble for them! lol. I would defo look at doing the clutch, it wont last long at all on a standard clutch imo. Its good to hear that another ph1 is getting done! Makes mine more unique! lol. And yeah, the vacuum line for the boost gauge goes onto the brass nipple at the side of the throttle body. Mines running about 0.6bar atm, roughly 8psi. When is it going in? I only live round the corner, could take you for a spin in mine so you get an idea of what it will be like.

SQ5
Dials look nice bud - keep us posted. stronger bottom end seems like a bright idea, are you not going to bother doing it yet?

I'll see how it goes but get a quote from Paul for rebuilding it too, but I'd rather see how it fairs for now, plus I can build an engine whilst its outside the car too if I get a spare one

27c dan, where do you live again? :)

Looking good.

Lol, Jamaica those were taken ;)

Sorry Danny I dont have the vids any more! Totally deleted them incase I ended up getting into trouble for them! lol. I would defo look at doing the clutch, it wont last long at all on a standard clutch imo. Its good to hear that another ph1 is getting done! Makes mine more unique! lol. And yeah, the vacuum line for the boost gauge goes onto the brass nipple at the side of the throttle body. Mines running about 0.6bar atm, roughly 8psi. When is it going in? I only live round the corner, could take you for a spin in mine so you get an idea of what it will be like.

The clutch is brand new so it would be waste at the minute I feel, I'll see how it goes and if within 6 months it takes its toll I'll get a new one, but I can't see how it'll kill it too much more! Awesome, I'll get the boost gauge piped in ready then :)

Hopefully going Saturday, finding out tomorrow! I don't reckon I'll get time to have a ride out as need to get home, its going to be a long day lol!

SQ5
Spoke to RST today but they never called back :( so don't think I'll be taking it there tonight. Paul if you read these please contact me :)

May of got hold of a forged block too so could get a little more interesting!

SQ5
Got a new block on eBay for £413.06! It includes

Block which has been rebored to 83.0mm
Crank
Sump, Oil Pump and Chain
Forged Wossners with Comp Ratio of 8.5:1

The pistons on there own are worth £550~ so I see it as a bit of a bargain!

So how do you build an engine :( lol!

340i
Got a new block on eBay for £413.06! It includes

Block which has been rebored to 83.0mm
Crank
Sump, Oil Pump and Chain
Forged Wossners with Comp Ratio of 8.5:1

The pistons on there own are worth £550~ so I see it as a bit of a bargain!

So how do you build an engine :( lol!

LOL?!

I never saw that on ebay... link?!

SQ5
Yea, I still have no real idea about building a stronger engine or what I need lol! I just know I needed this! haha!

SQ5
I've got a little money at the minute so going to blow it :p Shouldn't really be buying extras but it was a good price at the time so it had to be bought!

SQ5
Spoken to Paul and been hurrying around to find a lift of someone! I will be leaving for leeds in 20 minutes :)

White Evo V
is the compression ratio good for charging? I aint got alot of knowledge when it gets down to compression etc but I know paul was telling me to get a certain set of pistons and rods for mine! Maybe worth checking!

I got my standard engine for £150 which has covered 70k miles! So ive got loadsa spares coz I only need bottom end!

SQ5
For forced induction it's always good to lower the compression, for what I reason I don't know lol!

I'll be keeping my head as Paul said ph1 heads are slightly better due to bigger exhaust outlets. Just dropped itoff and nowon the way home! It's in Pauls hands now :)

White Evo V
damn if i would of known i would of nipped down and took you for a spin to make the wait even worse for you!! Has paul said how long it will be? the block i have got is a ph1 block too!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Awesome Stuff......It's going to be a long week or so though fella.

SQ5
Tell me about it, just waiting for this phone call was long enough lol! I would of told ya but it was a quick lets go as needed to work out someone to follow me up within a moments notice lol! Come up and meet me when I get it if you want.

*HOPING* Next Saturday, Paul said it should be fine but didn't want to promise!

SQ5
I did wonder this as have read about 9-10:1 is quite good! I'm just seeing how it goes either way I got a bargain!

SQ5
Quick update!

Won't be back this weekend as Pauls been silly busy!

More timewithout it will make it even better when it's back:rasp: