ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DJe´s 197

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197

not possible to see without login.

however i know the F1 wheels,...also on a 197 in my color ;)

EDIT:

ok, looks not bad,...
dsc00319wm9.jpg

However I´d prefer the anthracite Trophy rims :)

Here´s the blue 197 with the F1 rims...

amyf1vph3gajvzffz.jpg

Last edited:
  MY04 Scooby STi
First 197 I've seen and liked

I think that the arches need to have big rims in them so they looked filled

LY V6 with Recaros
It looks nice, although I personally think 19s are too big. Like the trophy/f1 wheels like above :)

GW 200T
couldnt find the spolier in the renault catalouge can anybody tell me the part number please as want to get one. cheers

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its arse its not its best feature...... usually, but this gets a BIG thumbs up from me. :) Looks alot better with the 'cup' style spoiler, much better than the cup racer version

amn7a7qf0f8q3588f.jpg

Wish people would stop posting pics of modded 197's, i REALLY like them :(

^
that blue one doesn't look right, the front wheel looks wrong, is that a ps?

I prefer it on the wheels it has on it (the ones it came with)

clio 197
can you post a better/closer photo of your spoiler please ?

not sure if this is the same spoiler but part number for renault dealer spoiler is... 77 11 230 487.

jase...

Turbos.
That spoiler you posted Jase is simply a 172 spoiler for the Mk2s, i posted the Renault Accessories Mk3 spoiler further up the page.

accs_spt_02.jpg

clio 197
That spoiler you posted Jase is simply a 172 spoiler for the Mk2s, i posted the Renault Accessories Mk3 spoiler further up the page.

accs_spt_02.jpg
thats the same spoiler i was talking about(bottom left corner of page 5)...mk2s are at the bottom of page 3 :S
jase...

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
I would take the one vom k-tec.
it´s not too epensive, I also bought mine fpr 215 euros incl. shipping.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
What a stupid idea to put 19 inch wheels on a car like that. Have fun ruining the handling of your car as soon as you put those wheels on.

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
What a stupid idea to put 19 inch wheels on a car like that. Have fun ruining the handling of your car as soon as you put those wheels on.

next one,.... do you think I´ll change my opinion concerning the size of the rims now and go and get 18´s ...??

MKIII 138

next one,.... do you think I´ll change my opinion concerning the size of the rims now and go and get 18´s ...??

to be fair he is right. there are many great looking standard new shape clio`s out with factory bodykits, xenons and other bling bits avaliable out of the renault catalogue just like that spoiler, so you may aswell get a clio 138, or maybe even less powerfull and spend the money on the 19" wheels instead.

i mean ok its your car but BMW x5`s have 19" wheels, heavy, handling, turn in, ride quality, cabin noise, tyre cost, accelaration, wet/ice weather handling < etc.. this list goes no for a car designed for 16" wheels but tweak for 17" for he 197 i think 19" and of course the extra width in inches it will wreck the main point of the car.

if the main point of your 197 purchase was to look 'Bling' why did you buy a cheap`ish clio supermini , surley for this price you could have had a late BMW with massive chrome spinners ?

im not doubting it wont look alright`ish when lowered but it will show the world you need to extend parts of your body or much worse that you feel the car you have purchased isnt good enough so you have to boost it on steriods.

thing is we all want flat bottomed steering wheels, metal pedals, carbon bits, lowered on small light wheels, drilled brakes, bucket seats, engine packages etc..

in euro land you all want massive wheels (i.e wide), big spoilers, sub woofers, tints that are actually just black windows.

you wont get a good response on here for fitting 3456" wheels as there not motorsport.

cheers

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
@all

the rims will be 7,5 x 19. The same width ;). Also the tires will be 215.
I am not a golf gti driver, who wants to mount 9x16 rims on the car or something like that ;)

btw. the other clios look horrible, also the 138.

However you can´t compare this to BMW or something else. That´s ordinary, it´s nothing new to see a bmw 318 with 20 inch wheels,... the same with golf mk4 and 19 inch wheels ;)

I do not understand one thing:
The clio 172 has also 15´s as stock. And here are enough who drive the car with 17´s. The same difference.

My new seats arrived yesterday...
an08ndhzlrte3wfzj.jpg

an08ojbb70xq40e7j.jpg

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Love it mate! Spoiler looks ace, as does the ride height. Dont stick 19's on it! Will look gash, and handling with suffer as a result.

Tys.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Just noticed the seats too, they look superb!

Only if it had the 225 engine, i'd have one instantly!

Tys.

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
how much ?
have you sold the standards ?

they come directly from dieppe.
about 1600 euros.
the standards I have in the garage,... don´t know if i find someone who wants them :)

Only if it had the 225 engine, i'd have one instantly!

Tys.

would be much better, I´d get one but the big problem is that there´s so much electronic in the car :(

al

ST on the way...
Seats look good, I found them a bit uncomfy though compared to the Meggy/Trophy recaros.

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
they come directly from dieppe.
about 1600 euros.
the standards I have in the garage,... don´t know if i find someone who wants them :)
is that renault dealer over there ?
how much is that in pounds ?:S
no there´s directly in the renault sport factory a so called shop. you get the parts they do not need any more. However, those seats I only got because of special connections.

In pounds about 1087.

I think the seats are cheaper in UK (I´ve heard the price in 5th gear) if you take them as an option.

Corsa SXI Twinport
I didnt like 197s when they first came out...theyre growing on me now and I do actually quite like them. I agree the wheels are a bit extreme...too big in my oppinion.

Nice car though :)

dje

Renault Sport Clio 197
I do not understand it, why does everybody write about the 19´s ?
I only mentioned them once, and btw. they haven´t been delivered so there´s no pic of the 197 with the 19´s.

So, please, let us wait and when I got them, I am going to make pictures,...
I also do not know if that will look good, but a black rim always looks a bit smaller than a silver or white rim :)