ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Diy turbo package??

Clio 182
Im thinking of going down the turbo route are there any kits availble where you can buy all the parts together and then can fit in my own time as my clio is off the road.

Obviously once all up and running it will get sent to be mapped by a professional.

Im trying to keep the costs down and fancy a little winter project.

Thanks for your help

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Not sure if there are any straight off the shelf packages but talk to k-tec, if anyone can sort you out I'm sure they can

There is also a clio turbo company up north somewhere but not heard much of them tbh

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
I don't know if clioturbo supply but ktec do one. You'll have to pay through the eyes, nose and ears for it though.

I don't personally know andy at clioturbo but only heard good things and I'm planning on sending my car up there next summer. I'm sure he'd be happy to advise you. His stage 1 low boost package is pretty much the best value for money I've found. Although I want stage 3.

Andy (clioturbo) will not provide a full DIY turbo kit afaik. Too much hassle for him should things go horribly wrong due to poor installation/mapping.

Plus his management of choice is Adaptronic which requires some serious re-wiring!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Low boost and take it to Chris @efi he can map the standard edu.. This will save you 1k

Clio 182
Thanks for the replys.

I just thought i would ask because when i searched on here i found some posts to diy kits for around 2.5 k back in 2009 but cant find them anywhere on the net

Clio 182
What turbo do people recomend?

What kind of boost will i need to run to have a safe 220/30 bhp?

dan's cast offs.
gt2554 will do you no problem, just got a gt2560 though as price difference was negligible.

Gt28rs is also a good shout, leaves room for upping power when you've done bottom end mods (which will happen!) I spec gt2860's on my builds (apart from my personal car where I've gone gt3071)

Clio 182
Dan@SJM
Do you do turbo packages and mapping? Your hell of alot closer to me(torbay).

Like you said one day full build, but would be nice to make a start using standard internals. Then when finances allow go full build.

Thanks

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Dan@SJM
Do you do turbo packages and mapping? Your hell of alot closer to me(torbay).

Like you said one day full build, but would be nice to make a start using standard internals. Then when finances allow go full build.

Thanks

Yes he does.

Clio 182
Right after looking at my finances at this moment in time i have approx 3k for a reliable safe turbo build.

Id this possible?

@Dan@SJM

Clio 182
Im guessing if i can get it all as a 'off the shelf kit' and fit myself then get it mapped properly would be cheapest way.

Its a shame becuse after searching the forum a few years ago you could buy it as a package, now no one seems to do it.

Im guessing if i can get it all as a 'off the shelf kit' and fit myself then get it mapped properly would be cheapest way.

Its a shame becuse after searching the forum a few years ago you could buy it as a package, now no one seems to do it.
I can do an off the shelf kit with a gt2860, but it would pretty much come into your 3k budget without mapping.

For that money you can have the low boost conversion all fitted at clioturbo going by his site and although it takes the fun out of doing it yourself at least you know it's all done properly I keep thinking about doing this myself but it seems like it will work out more expensive to do it myself. Then at least if you have any problems they will be on hand to help .

Clio 182
For that money you can have the low boost conversion all fitted at clioturbo going by his site and although it takes the fun out of doing it yourself at least you know it's all done properly I keep thinking about doing this myself but it seems like it will work out more expensive to do it myself. Then at least if you have any problems they will be on hand to help .

Yeah ive emailed them a couple of questions and will call them in the new year. Its just the distance they are away from deepest devon!

Yea it is a long way. Only a train ride tho then an awesome drive home once its done. Thinking of doing mine sometime soon as due cam belt in a year so may as well do it all together. No turbo clios in the bay at the moment so be good to have a few about for a tear up

Yeah ive emailed them a couple of questions and will call them in the new year. Its just the distance they are away from deepest devon!

They may be a fair bit away but building your own means once it's mapped and complete, should you encounter any issues then you are on your own to deal with it. I've had one major issue due to a faulty coilpack fitted for the conversion and it cost me NOTHING to get the car running again due to clioturbo's aftersales service. I've been concerned about a few 'blips' and Andy has always been on hand to advise and assist as much as he can.

Even when I (and I blame myself not the increased power/torque) ripped my gearbox apart Andy was eager to help even though in all fairness it wasn't his problem whatsoever. I guess what I'm getting at is you are paying for the aftersales support too.